Moderator: Lane

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

2045.02 - The Long Beach Independent - BBA Prospects Rankings Released

Post by Lane » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:37 pm

SURFERS RANKED 31ST IN BBA

June 29, 2045
Long Beach, CA

The annual prospect rankings from analyst Ron Collins have been released and the picture is not so hot for the Long Beach Surfers. Despite being ranked 31st of the 32 teams in the BBA, they have actually improved from last year's last place ranking.

We reached out to General Manager Stephen Lane, asking him if he agreed with Collins' summation that the Surfers' prospect cupboard is bare. "We like it bare. Some people like to project the future, with talk of prospects and all. But me? I prefer to look at the raw record...You noticed we were in the Landis last year, right? I'd rather play roulette in the playoffs than in the prospect game."

To be sure, the Surfers did win the Pacific last year, and took the San Antonio Outlaws to 7 games in the last ever Landis Memorial Series. They haven't hit their stride yet this season, sitting at 40-40 as the All-Star Break looms. However, the Mad Popes just sold off David Simpson, and Vancouver and San Fernando are middling as well so far.

However, there's really not much to speak of in the prospect ranks. Jesus Rios is a 21-year-old right handed reliever that OOTP OSA gives a 60 potential rating, and he's pretty much ready to go now after a cup of coffee last year. Besides that, long shot prospect Manuel Dominguez has decent potential as a starter, but appears to have been cursed with the infamous "stuck" curveball. Outside of that, there's a bunch of 40-45 rated players that will have to show improvement in skills to have any chance at a big league roster.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2045.02 - The Long Beach Independent - BBA Prospects Rankings Released

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:18 pm

I hear ya! Except i didnt make the landis 😄

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Long Beach Surfers”