GB: Vice Commissioner

2044.03 - Press Release - Long Beach Surfers

Post by Lane » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:28 pm

PRESS RELEASE

The Office of the General Manager
Long Beach Surfers
Stephen Lane
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
I never thought I'd have to write a release like this, but alas, here we are. Apparently someone up in Sacramento is confused about the difference between an independent newspaper article, and a team press release.

A person/fanatic/cultist/martyr going by the name/pseudonym "Rolio Elder" has erroneously attributed an article appearing in the Long Beach Independent to me, Stephen Lane, General Manager of the Long Beach Surfers. Now, I know it may be confusing, but the Long Beach Independent is an independent daily newspaper in the Long Beach area, and not a publication of the Long Beach Surfers.

I consider the Long Beach Surfers to be the epitome of a First-Class professional organization in the Brewster Baseball Association, and that starts at the top, with me. I would never stoop so low as to describe a fellow organization as a "Quad-A Squad" and I want it to be clear that the Long Beach Independent is not affiliated with the organization.

I am disappointed in the language attributed to my counterpart, GM Shoeless, describing the Surfers as a team that's been "dragging on the bottom" or being "relegated to the UMEBA." I suspect that the quote may have been fabricated by Rolio Elder, though I know Shoeless has a penchant for colorful language.

I look forward to continued, professional competition with Shoeless and the Sacramento Mad Popes in the upcoming season, especially now that it seems they'll be handicapping themselves with a 26 man roster.

Go Surfers!
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Return to “Long Beach Surfers”