Moderator: Lane

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

2028.02 - The Tucson Sun - Late Breaking Litigation News

Post by Lane » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:24 am

December 16, 2026
Tucson, Arizona

The Tucson Sun
this evening received intelligence that a lawsuithas been filed in which Tucson GM Stephen Lane was named a defendant. While we have not been able to access the full filings, we can tell you that Adam Dee, currently GM of the EBA's Belfast Northstars has filed this suit in response to Tucson's decision to match Belfast's agreement with P Bailey Attoehow. Commissioner Matt Rectenwald has also been named a defendant in the case.

We spoke with the Sun's resident legal analyst Bill U. O'Somutch, who had this to say:

"The MBWBA Constitution is very clear regarding the Rule 6 process. The claiming MBBA team retains the right to match any contract that the selected player signs, regardless of where he signs it, or, frankly, where said player desires to play. The EBA team from which said player was claimed has certain rights under the Rule 7 draft process, but there is no legal ground on which Mr. Dee can stand. An EBA team signing a Rule 6 draftee only serves to depress the salary to the benefit of the claiming MBBA team."

We reached out to Tucson GM Stephen Lane for comment, and surprisingly he was available, though we cannot vouch for his sobriety at the time he agreed to answer a few questions:

"Adam Dee? That guy's a dick. He kept trying to convince me to not exercise my right to claim Attoehow. He called me a jerk! Trying to say that we should care where Attoehow wants to play. Ha! The guy's a millionaire now. He'll play where I want him to play. Hope he likes desert, we got plenty of that here. Santa Fe, Tucson, apparently there's even a city called Tombstone. That pasty Brit better pack his sunscreen. Lawsuit...ha!"

MBBA Commissioner Matt Rectenwald was not available for comment. It appears that there's really not much here besides a sore EBA GM trying to stir up some controversy in order to boost attendance.
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Bumstead
Ex-GM

Re: 2028.02 - The Tucson Sun - Late Breaking Litigation News

Post by Bumstead » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:01 am

I had no idea that I could have bid on Attoehow. It would have been annoying to have lost him to another EBA team...

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Post by Lane » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:06 am

Bumstead wrote:I had no idea that I could have bid on Attoehow. It would have been annoying to have lost him to another EBA team...
You defined could have bid on him, but I would have matched nearly any contract that an EBA team could have offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Chey
Ex-GM

Post by Chey » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:25 am

The plot thickens!
Adam Dyck