WHIV 2059.2- GM Memo on Depth

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

recte44
GB: Commissioner

WHIV 2059.2- GM Memo on Depth

Post by recte44 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 pm

IMG_3658.jpg
"You got the memo, right Cisco?" Las Vegas GM Matt Rectenwald was shouting an office down to his Assistant General Manager, Cisco Arreola. "Got it!" Cisco looked at the document. He, like most in the organization, felt the Hustlers were in good shape heading into the offseason. The memo proved otherwise.

"See what I'm taking about now, I bet," said an audibly disturbed Rectenwald. "Our depth is a disaster, for starters. What in the world do you think we should do about this?"

"There's some guys in the organization we can look at," Arreola said. "For one, do you want to give Zhai an opportunity to platoon with Hall at DH? We better add him to the 40-man roster if we want to keep him."

"Fair enough, that's one spot. Who backs up Cox?"

Arreola was quick to reply on this query. "Roberto Hampton is ready for that job. We also still have Romero who is more than fine at center field and shortstop, among others."

Rectenwald nodded. "That makes sense. But do you really think Saltik is ready to be an everyday player?"

Arreola paused. The big-time prospect's development has been glacier-like. "I don't know, boss. We probably need to sign someone there. I have some ideas, we can stick a pin in this and get back to it later."

"Ok." Rectenwald grunted. "At this point if Turton gets hurt, or Grun again, we're pretty thin on the infield too."

"I think Hadonov is close to BBA ready, but yeah, we probably need more depth there."

"Are you ok with the pitching staff?" Rectenwald asked, but he already had an answer in mind.

"Let's just say it's a work in progress." Arreola chuckled. "The whole club is."

"It's time for you to earn your salary, Cisco. I don't want a work in progress. I want solid answers. Find them. Now."

Trebro
BBA GM

Re: WHIV 2059.2- GM Memo on Depth

Post by Trebro » Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:48 pm

You really make your assistant GM work. After my recent experiences, I keep Mr. Kelly locked in his office.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

RT60
BBA GM

Post by RT60 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:31 pm

My assistant GM is useless. He might be available shortly.

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 am

True depth is always hard to deal with. But that's part of what makes it fun. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”