WHIV 2058.20- Hustlers Make Three Trade in Minor Roster Shakeup

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

recte44
GB: Commissioner

WHIV 2058.20- Hustlers Make Three Trade in Minor Roster Shakeup

Post by recte44 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:21 pm

Despite being in first place, the Hustlers knew they needed to make moves. "The Phoenix Talons petrify me," said Matt Rectenwald, Las Vegas GM. "It's gotten so that I can't even choke down a Moons Over My Hammy anymore at Denny's, because all I can do in there is think about Marko and his terrifying goon squad."

Trade #1:
Off Topic
Vancouver receives:
CF Murad Abdul-Alim

Las Vegas receives:
2B Mauro Lopez (S A)
Las Vegas sheds a long term deal in parting with Abdul-Alim. It's not just that he's batting .164, it's that he has a -2 ZR in center field while doing so. Lopez is just a guy, who might develop into something more. Future Utility Player, FV: 40.

Trade #2:
Off Topic
Las Vegas Gets:
CF John Henderson (BBA)
(and Henderson's exquisite handlebar mustache!)

BIK Gets:
$2M
Henderson, pictured here proudly displaying his handlebar mustache in a nod to the late 1800's ballplayers

Sure, Henderson has never posted a positive WAR in the BBA. But I like his defense, speed, and gap power. His salary was essentially a wash from Abdul-Alim and he should be a good fit for the club. Like Ron said, $2M means nothing to us.

Trade #3:
Off Topic
Boise receives:
LF Roosevelt Davis (ML)

Las Vegas receives:
LF Diwan bin Badr al Din (R)
Davis wasn't playing enough, and isn't a good enough left fielder to play out there for the Hustlers. He was out of options and the Hustlers took action. Boise will give Davis a chance to play. Vegas took a deep lottery prospect in bin Badr al Din.

Oh yeah, and we almost forgot: Two guys got activated off the Injured List. Somebody named Grun and a guy named Einan. My sources tell me they may help the club.

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”