Moderator: recte44

recte44
GB: Commissioner

WHIV 2058.12- Wamukota Latest Veteran To Sign With Hustlers

Post by recte44 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:59 am

Off Topic
Las Vegas, 1B Wamukota Mum on Contract Rumors
Saturday, February 2nd , 2058

At 34, Abu Wamukota is at the twilight of his career, though he still hopes to hook on with a club.

Sources tell BNN that the "old man" has been in talks with Las Vegas and that a deal could be reached if he is willing to take a $3,620,000 deal.

Fans, worried that their club is spending good money on a player past his prime were dismayed by the developments, though they did point out it would be good for the younger players to have someone with experience around the clubhouse.

During his 1233-game career Wamukota has batted .300 and collected 1441 hits, 103 home runs and 493 RBIs.
Off Topic
1B Wamukota, Las Vegas Reach $2,240,000 Pact
Thursday, March 7th , 2058

The euphoria surrounding a big-name deal can sometimes overshadow the deal itself. Occasionally a team will mortgage its future to make a big splash, though no one in Las Vegas was worried about that today as the club finalized terms with Abu Wamukota.

Wamukota will earn $2,240,000 per year over 1 year.

His career stats show that Wamukota has batted .300 and connected for 103 home runs.
"Old man???? I'm only 34, on this team that makes me a spring chicken," exclaimed Wamukota with a grin. It's true- after the club signed Kidane Ata (41), Carlton Casson (37) and Ashton Brooks (37) to contracts this offseason Wamukota does look young in comparison.

Rumors abound that the Hustlers had to include a No-Trade Clause in order to intice the veteran corner infielder to return to Las Vegas. Wamukota wouldn't comment on the NTC directly, but was willing to talk about his past with the Hustlers. "We did some great things here...I did some great things here," explained Wamukota. "I was a high pick (7th overall in 2045) by the Hustlers. I made it to the majors in about a year. I led the league in triples in 2049, then led the league in hits and runs the next year. Most importantly, we won three rings in a row together. There's not too many players that can say that. 2055 was my tenth season in the BBA with the Hustlers. I was named to the big league roster and then traded to Chicago just seven days into the season. It hurt, yeah."

He had non-descript numbers for the Black Sox in 2055, then split the 2056 season between Rocky Mountain and Albuquerque (AAA). "Back in the minors, that was a tough pill to swallow," said Wamukota. "I fought back though, and got another Monty ring." Last season there just wasn't any interest, and Wamukota sat out the season. "If I was going to play, it was going to be on my terms," said Wamukota. "No one was interested in my terms."

So why not just retire? "I'm too young for all that," said Wamukota. "I can still help a club. Wouldn't it be a cool story if the Hustlers won another Monty? That's why I'm here. Full circle."

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: WHIV 2058.12- Wamukota Latest Veteran To Sign With Hustlers

Post by RonCo » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:06 am

Abu "Full Circle" Wamukota
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”