GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

recte44
GB: Commissioner

WHIV 2057.5- Hustlers Make Big FA Splash

Post by recte44 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:54 pm

Off Topic
Friday, December 15th , 2056
Signed free agent SP Mike Alexander to a 3-year contract worth a total of $28,500,000.
Signed free agent 1B Helmut Grün to a 4-year contract worth a total of $54,400,000.
Las Vegas has been a bit more active in free agency early on than they have historically been, and in prepping for the 2057 season they went in early on two of the major players.
player_58496.png
player_58496.png (19.33 KiB) Viewed 295 times
Vegas added veteran right-hander Mike Alexander to the rotation mix, giving Vegas another quality arm in what now looks to be a crowded mix. He checks all of the boxes of what quality pitchers in Vegas have historically been: durable, ground-ball pitchers who can eat up innings. That's what Alexander brings to the mix. Now, the Hustlers have to figure out what they are going to do with six quality starting pitchers. "If that's my first problem, I think we'll be okay," said manager Henry Rectenberg with a chuckle.

When Helmut Grun originally became a GBC free agent after the 2051 season, Las Vegas was extremely interested in his services. However, the Nashville Bluebirds were extremely aggressive and signed him. The expectations for Grun were enormous, given his gaudy GBC numbers, and because of that his time in Nashville could be seen as disappointing. "Three to five WAR, mid .800's OPS, and it's disapponting, hey?," mused Rectenberg. "We'll take that production from him. It'll be good to have him at the top of the lineup, that's where I'm leaning right now. Helmut first, then Rudge, then we'll figure it out from there."

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: WHIV 2057.5- Hustlers Make Big FA Splash

Post by Dington » Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:54 pm

Disappointing given the dollars, I suppose. Solid player for sure.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”