WHIV 2056.15- Fly on the Wall in the Asst GM's Office

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

recte44
GB: Commissioner

WHIV 2056.15- Fly on the Wall in the Asst GM's Office

Post by recte44 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:50 pm

I can't reveal how I did it, but I was able to "listen in" to a conversation in the office of Las Vegas Hustlers' Assistant GM Cisco Arreola.

Ears were present as Arreola, Hustlers' manager Edward Allen, pitching coach Skip Glendenning and bench coach Hank Brewer met to discuss the team's bullpen yesterday.

Cisco Arreola (CA): Fuck. Shit. Cocksucker. What in the wackadoodle is going on with the back of the bullpen, hoss? (He called everyone "hoss", but in this situation it was directed towards Glendenning)

Skip Glendenning (SG): That fucking (Josh) Dougherty is on one of his downward trends again. It's screwing up the whole pen. But, it seems like (Francisco) Salgado is on an upward trend.

Hank Brewer (HB): Dougherty boggles the mind, right? Can we actually count on him as the closer? I mean, we DO want to make the playoffs, right?

Edward Allen (EA): Of course we do, Hank. Josh has been great for us, but sometimes not. Maybe we need another veteran to add to that mix. I mean, we are asking an awful lot of two pitchers to fill what is traditionally three roles.

CA: Jeebus cripes, hoss. I've been looking all season for middle infielders and center fielders, and now all of a sudden you want a back end reliever? That's what you're telling me, hoss?

EA: That's what we need, Cisco. Who's out there?

CA: I know just the guy, hoss. You guys want to hang out while I make this call?

All of the men in the room nod and grunt affirmatively.

CA (calling): (Phone Answers): Hey there, hoss. I hear you want to trade (Mitchell) Pursell. What do you want for him? (Pause). Ok, hoss. I'll wait for you to get back to me.

HB: Pursell, hey? Back again? That might work...what do you think, Skip?

SG: Actually, that's a right on the money call, Cisco. We know him. We know what he can do. Veteran arm. Would take pressure off of Josh and Francisco. Right, Ed?

EA: I'm for it, as long as we're not giving up too much. Pursell is as much of a coin flip as Dougherty in many ways. He's walking too many people again. And giving up homers. So don't give up too much, Cisco.

Phone rings again. Cisco picks up.

CA: Yello? (Pause). Uh huh. (Pause) Uh huh. (Pause) ARE YOU FRICKING KIDDING ME???????

Arreola hangs up the phone, face beet red, steam appears to be coming from his ears.

EA: The hell was that, Cisco?

CA: For cryin' out loud, hoss, they asked for way too much!!

EA: Like what?

CA: It's not even worth discussing. Just wait a second. Let's wait it out. They might be fishing.

A few minutes later, the phone rings again. Arreola picks it up.

CA: Yuuuuup? (pause) I know. (pause) Sure. (pause). Yeah, I'd do (Kataiba) Abdul-Nasser. Straight up. Deal? (Pause). Ok, hoss, thank you. Send it in to the office!

SG: We got him, hey? Just like that?

CA: Just like that, hoss. Just like that. Now fellas, I'm only going to say this once. Fix this daggone bullpen. Fix it now.

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: WHIV 2056.15- Fly on the Wall in the Asst GM's Office

Post by Jwalk100 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:38 pm

images.jpeg
images.jpeg (5.18 KiB) Viewed 461 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”