WHIV 2051.1- Thank You, Damek...and Best Of Luck In Loserville

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

recte44
GB: Commissioner

WHIV 2051.1- Thank You, Damek...and Best Of Luck In Loserville

Post by recte44 » Tue May 17, 2022 5:24 pm

Since @RonCo hasn't been around much, and @sjshaw is no longer the GM of the "Loserville" Sluggers, it seems a little weird referring to said franchise as Loserville. However, as long as I act as the proxy for Mr. Collins I will continue to follow the Yellow Springs edict made to all their employees and refer to them as Loserville.

With the legalese out of the way....it was really fun making my first deal with @lukefar , the new GM of Loserville. He showed that he was a deft GM in negotiating his maiden deal, one with the devil himself, right???

Las Vegas management, historically viewed as "sage", did themselves no favors in the days leading up to this deal (which may end up being the first of several). Despite showing that they were already projected to be over the league's $110M Salary Cap for 2051, they went ahead and signed Stewart Turton to a six year, $66M extension anyhow. That marked a death knell for veteran Damek Korbel's tenure in Las Vegas, leading to the deal with Louisville.

Now back to @lukefar and his sweet negotiating skills...

Luke deftly dodged the attempts of Recte to obtain a couple of his top infield prospects, and ultimately picked up one of the best shortstops in the league at a bargain price, leaving it up to Rectenwald to justify this trade to the Hustlers fans. Here's how that went:

RECTE: "We really wanted to keep Turton, and we had to pay to do that. He's younger than Damek, and he can play shortstop for us or second base. We'll find someone to play the other position."

REPORTER: "So.....you're saying that you don't have anyone to play the other position right now?"

RECTE: "Well....*coughs*, I mean..... *adjusts tie, uncomfortably*...we have Sandhoff... (he tailed off, making Sandhoff almost sound like a question).

REPORTER: "RUSS Sandhoff?? The third baseman?"

RECTE: "Yeah, sure. He'll do. I mean....we'll figure it out. We have Juan Carlos Espada on the 40-man, and my scouts tell me that he is a second baseman."

REPORTER: "Quite convincing. *chuckles* So, what about these two guys you got in return for a shortstop who in six seasons with the Hustlers had a +66.4 ZR? Tell us about them, hey??"

RECTE: ***clumsily shuffles through papers*** "Hey, Nina (his secretary), where the hell are my reading glasses????"

Nina rushes in with reading glasses, hands them to Rectenwald, and scurries off.

RECTE: "We like the Turkish outfielder, Ferit Torlak. Good lefty bat and a cannon for an arm. Maybe he can develop into a platoon guy, and it looks like he's fully developed. So there's that guy."

REPORTER: "Would you consider him a potential successor to Ashford or Rudge?"

RECTE: "Did you smoke drugs before you came here today? No!"

REPORTER: "Ok, then. What about this reliever?"

RECTE: "Yeah, this was some guy Upgraade wanted at the last minute. Ross Brown, a big Englishman righty for short relief. We actually think he could make the team next year. We'll see."

REPORTER: "We'll see??? That's what you got?? We'll see??? Korbel was a three-time All Star for you, and you say We'll see???"

RECTE: ***looks at the floor*** "Yes. We'll see. That's all for today."

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 2051.1- Thank You, Damek...and Best Of Luck In Loserville

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue May 17, 2022 6:31 pm

Upgrayedd!

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (7.11 KiB) Viewed 496 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Tue May 17, 2022 8:14 pm

Jwalk100 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:31 pm
Upgrayedd!

Unknown.jpeg
A double dose of his pimpin'

lukefar
Ex-GM

Post by lukefar » Wed May 18, 2022 12:12 pm

Loserville thanks you and hopes all players involved pan out :P
Louisville Sluggers GM

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat May 21, 2022 8:35 am

Im glad is see that you spelt his name correctly @Jwalk100 👍🏻

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sun May 22, 2022 12:27 pm

recte44 wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 5:24 pm
Since @RonCo hasn't been around much, and @sjshaw is no longer the GM of the "Loserville" Sluggers, it seems a little weird referring to said franchise as Loserville. However, as long as I act as the proxy for Mr. Collins I will continue to follow the Yellow Springs edict made to all their employees and refer to them as Loserville.
I'm RonCo and I approve this message.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”