Moderator: recte44

recte44
GB: Commissioner

WHIV 2048.7- Early Struggles For Martin Ross, 20 Game Winner

Post by recte44 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:07 pm

ross stats.png
ross game log.png
ross game log.png (6.07 KiB) Viewed 327 times
"All I keep telling myself is I won 20 games last year and that doesn't happen by accident." Martin Ross, the Hustlers 27 year old de facto "ace", looked forlorn as he said those words. "I've been through bad luck before, but this isn't just bad luck. We can't figure out what the issue is. I can't keep pitching this way."

It's an all too common tale. Pitcher has a great year, then same pitcher struggles. Questions are asked and no answers are given. Life as a struggling pitcher is a lonely and confusing existence.

"He's throwing the same as last year. No changes. Just the results." Las Vegas pitching coach Yves Lamoine helped Ross not only win twenty games last year, but did so while he was coming off a major injury. There isn't a bigger expert on the subject of Martin Ross in the world right now. Not even Ross himself. "My gut feeling is that time will even things out."

Some have speculated that the pressure of being slotted as the number one and Opening Day starter may have contributed to his rough start. "Hogwash," said Ross. "Don't question my mental toughness. That's crap. I've put everything into this team. Blood, sweat and tears. The guys know that I'm just going to continue to battle, and the results will come. No one in this clubhouse doubts me."

No one, indeed. To a man, Ross' teammates have shown nothing but support and optimism. For what it's worth, manager Edward Allen has stated his support for Ross. Recently questioned whether the club would consider sending Ross to the minors to clear his head, the normally reserved Allen snapped back hard. "Get out of my office if you're going to ask me crap like that. That's a clown question, bro."

Ross remains resolute as he prepares for his next start, hoping this is the one that gets him back on track. "What other mindset is there? The only choice I have is to stay true to the process and always remember that you don't win 20 by accident."

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”