WHIV 2047.2- Rollins Screwing Up Early as ASS GM

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

recte44
GB: Commissioner

WHIV 2047.2- Rollins Screwing Up Early as ASS GM

Post by recte44 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:29 pm

Losing Robert Franklin and Juan Valverde doesn't seem like a huge deal on paper, right? It's not like they are capable regular players in the BBA scheme of things. They filled utility roles for the Hustlers last year.

Vegas let both of them go to free agency in order to save money. The reasoning behind that decision seemed sound, however, the problem lied in the fact that the club seemingly had no plan to replace them.

So where's the depth in the middle infield and the outfield, particularly at shortstop and center field. "I blew it," admitted Assistant GM Cole Rollins. "After I signed here I was preoccupied with decorating my new office. I completely lost track of properly stocking our team with the right mix of players."

The Hustlers were forced to add rookie Roderick Rodda to the Opening Day roster, and then carried a third catcher in Geoff Combs. Their backup shortstop solution? Starting second baseman Stewart Turton. What about center field if someone is needed there? Starting left fielder Tom Rudge.

"It's not optimal," said manager Edward Allen. "No offense to Roderick but he doesn't belong here yet."

Rollins now says he has the utility replacement in journeyman Tony Flores, who will join the team in Combs' spot this week. "He can play all of those positions," Rollins said. "I did it!" Rollins forgot to mention that Flores has exactly 6 games and 20 at-bats of experience higher than the AA level, all coming this year with Milwaukee (AAA). His manager at Milwaukee, Kelly Finley, seemed hesitant to endorse Flores. "He's hit a little and theoretically, sure, he can play multiple positions," Finley said with a sign. "But the guys are telling me he's straight up lazy, and not flexible in any way. It's his way or the highway. It seems like he's playing for the money, not for the love of the game. From what I see, he could give two shits about the Hustlers franchise."

It seems Rollins doth protest too much. "No way- Flores is an amazing acquisition. Don't like him? Well, damn, let me see.... (shuffles through stacks of strewn about papers)...does Juan Luis Manuel do anything for you?"

GM Matt Rectenwald could not be reached for comment, as he was otherwise occupied getting the Phoenix Talons' Subaru dealership up to par and eating Grand Slam Breakfasts.

jiminyhopkins
BBA GM

Re: WHIV 2047.2- Rollins Screwing Up Early as ASS GM

Post by jiminyhopkins » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:15 pm

"Breaking: The Talons have hired a dealership consultant and you'll never guess who it is!!!"

The headlines write themselves.
GM, 2051 and 2053 JL 4TH WILDCARD Phoenix Talons (2029-??), BBA
CARETAKER GM, 2053 GBC CHAMPION Tokyo Pearls (2053 - 2056)
GM, THE GREATEST MINOR LEAGUE TEAM OF ALL TIME Toledo Liberty
Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner: 2051, 2054, 2057

7teen
BBA GM

Re: WHIV 2047.2- Rollins Screwing Up Early as ASS GM

Post by 7teen » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:21 am

Whoa Whoa Whoa.... there is only one ASS GM in this league!

But am loving the nice little Phoenix/Vegas rivalry storyline that is developing here.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50