Sin City Times 2042.12

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2042.12

Post by bschr682 » Thu May 14, 2020 9:53 pm

GM: "Well this race sure is interesting. Only a couple weeks to go now. 6-6 over our last 12 isn't ideal but looking ahead on the schedule id say not all hope is lost. This next week is huge. If we can make up some ground and still be relatively close we finish the season with series' against Phoenix and Wichita the bottom two teams of our division and then finish with a 5 game set with a rapidly fading Mexico City team. We are a long shot of course but there is a path for us if we play our cards right. Yes?"

Goldie: "What would you say has you feeling there is hope yet?"

GM: "Well we treaded water against some very tough teams recently and we are inching closer to that schedule soft spot. At the same time some of our boys have finally come back healthy. L'Archibudelli has finally shaken off his wrist injury and responded by hitting a whopping .526 last week. He seems determined to get back over .400 and that bodes very well for the team. Akihisa Oka returned from his bout with biceps tendinitis dating back to mid-July. He threw 3 strong innings and notched a win. His arrival allows the team to play the matchups a bit more now. Phil Logan is also set to return shortly from his sprained ankle back in the beginning of August. Hasn't been a great year for him but the talent is there. A lot of his struggles can be attributed to us trying to get him to play 2B. Settling back in at 3rd will hopefully coax a strong showing from him these last few weeks. So yea I'd say if our guys all knock the rust off, we can really make a mess of this wild card chase."

Soik: "Do you regret making the earlier tear down trades now that the team finds itself still in contention with just a few weeks left?"

GM: "..........."

Soik: "Uh do you need me to repeat that?"

GM: "Hmmm oh no I caught that. Sorry was lost in thought there for a bit. This league salary cap shenanigans we were involved in. I still can't quite get my head around some of it. If the cap isn't about spending, then what the hell is it for? Very curious. I'll have to mull this over for a bit longer but I have some ideas. Goldie remind me about this next week if you would."

Goldie: "Can do."

Soik: "So about my question?"

GM: "Oh yes. No. I don't regret any of the trades. Ask Leroy over there. The injection of pitching talent we got from that has been tremendous. Things are really looking up in that department. The scouts down there are raving about all the pitchers. And those moves did clear a large amount of salary from the books allowing us to snag the Long Beach boys and Bartolo Ortiz at the end there for basically free. All 3 hold opt outs or player options so their future is up to them but they have all enjoyed this experience immensely and most importantly have been playing very well. Ortiz in particular is crushing it right now. I'll be tickled pink if they all opt in and we can continue to be very competitive at the major league level while seriously upgrading the farm with those earlier moves you asked about. Isn't that the very definition of a win-win? Now if you'll excuse me I have a salary cap to ponder."
GM Vancouver Mounties

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: Sin City Times 2042.12

Post by jleddy » Thu May 14, 2020 10:34 pm

That final five (in four days) against the Aztecs is CRAZY huge.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”