Sin City Times 2042.11

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2042.11

Post by bschr682 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:21 pm

GM: "Alright I had thought about letting go a profanity laced tirade but I'll keep it civil. We received word from one of the commish's cronies that not only were they planning to fine us they were going to force the release of players on our team until we complied. Yes?"

Goldie: "Can they actually do that?"

GM: "Well reading the constitution at the time of my last press conference no. Upon reading it this afternoon, yes. It would seem one of their lawyers caught wind of our plan and did some stealthy editing. Petty stuff but unsurprising that the league office would behave that way."

Soik: "Care to expand on that last comment?"

GM: "Look all I'm saying is when you've been around as long as I have, you realize that it doesn't matter what our league constitution currently says. The commish will ultimately do whatever he wants. So knowing that we were indeed prepared to handle this situation. The following players have been given their unconditional release effective immediately. SP Heinrich Peithner, RP Ramon Garza, RP Senzo Kobayashi, DH Alonso Olvere, RF Rodrigo Morales, CF Julio Soriano, SS Tyler Shacklady, RP Maximo Bansa."

Goldie: "Were any of these releases impactful?"

GM: "See that's the thing. As you know Kobayashi and Peithner were on the DL for the rest of the season. The scouts have completely given up on Kobayashi and they had seriously downgraded Peithner's talents. Peithner was coming up on a team option which we were going to decline anyway. Garza was a recent waiver wire claim with less than 90k left on his contract. We brought him on board as an in case of emergency break glass sort of move. Olvere was a DH that couldn't hit so he was gone at the end of the year too. Bansa, Shacklady, Soriano and Morales were all minor leaguers seeking major league deals for next season. They were going to be released regardless. So in the end this accomplished nothing other than robbing these men of their last few days with their teammates. All because the powers that be refuse to take off the training wheels when it comes to league finances. What a joke. I need a drink."
GM Vancouver Mounties

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Sin City Times 2042.11

Post by RonCo » Wed May 13, 2020 12:08 am

Just noting...the constitution update I noted was "Updated: May 31, 2019 (End 2038 season)"

On the other hand, if you were just having fun that's cool, too. :)
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”