Sin City Times 2042.8

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2042.8

Post by bschr682 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:13 pm

GM: "Sigh welcome folks. As I'm sure you are aware there have been some recent transactions. Augate Balun, Javier Garcia and Jaime Mercado are all gone to various destinations. We thank them for their efforts and wish them the best going forward. We did get one major league talent in return in Francisco Otero who will immediately start taking the lions share of reps at SS. The rest of the return are all minor leaguers and most of those will be starting all the way down in rookie league. Jenkins how does that sound?"

Jenkins: "Llleeeeerrrrrooooooooyyyyyyyyy Jjjjjeeeeeennnnnnkkiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnssssssss!!!!!"

GM: "You're welcome Leroy. I figured you'd be pumped about it. We got a lot of young arms down in the lower levels of the minors now. Its a very exciting imagining quite a few of these guys blossoming in the future. We can dwell on that later. For now while this of course represents a purposeful step back at the major league level, we don't plan on bottoming out. In recent weeks we have been pretty active on the waiver wire and making the transaction to bring in Ken Bates in a salary shed move by Louisville. The offense in fact should just as stout if not more stout going forward. The big question mark will of course be the pitching. Yes?"

Goldie: "So what exactly is the plan for pitching. A lot of prime talent just left a gaping hole in an already struggling staff."

GM: "Well in a way that's kind of the point of all this. The staff was struggling mightily anyway. Clearly the offense was going to have to carry us. So we decided to cash in on some of the best pitching talent we have that was older and hopefully create, through sheer numbers, a situation in the minors that should bubble up some real talented young pitching. We will continue to mix and match at the big league level and try to win as many games as possible with the bats."

Soik: "What about Shawn Huber? Has there been any talk of moving him? He is literally the best pitcher on the team and has been for awhile but at his age will the team be back in contention before father time comes calling?"

GM: "Wow look at you waxing poetic. There have actually been 0 official offers for Huber. If someone comes calling we obviously have to do our due diligence and listen but we are more than happy to keep Huber here and have him help us win as many games as possible. In all honesty there is still a real shot at the playoffs this year yet if we play our cards right. Speaking of cards, I have a social engagement to attend. I'm sure we will chat soon."
GM Vancouver Mounties

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Sin City Times 2042.8

Post by recte44 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:24 pm

Weird to see a teardown. Had to be done sooner or later.

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: Sin City Times 2042.8

Post by bschr682 » Sat May 02, 2020 9:47 pm

If i get some nice development out of the kids ill be back fairly quickly. The offense is there.
GM Vancouver Mounties

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”