Sin City Times 2042.7

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2042.7

Post by bschr682 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:31 pm

GM: "Everyone sit down and shut up. I'm not in a good mood. June was a bad month and we started off July as a hot mess. I have no complaints about the offense. We do have some guys struggling including my son and fan favorite Phil Logan but we have some guys absolutely tearing the cover off the ball. L'arch is still hitting over .400. Whanon, Altaner and now youngster Jim Ashford seem bound and determined to chase his ass down. Even newbie Zach Reid and bench bat Bernardo Boullosa are getting hot. Those guys are a lot of fun to watch. But my god the pitching. Where the hell would we be with Jaime Mercado?! He's the only one in the rotation who can even find the plate anymore. I love the back end of our bullpen as you all know but the strain is obviously getting to them. Heads are gonna start rolling soon. Any questions?!"

Goldie: "That last statement. Are you referring to the coaching staff or the players?"

GM: "Both. Look we all know that todays baseball is slanted towards offense. I'm not expecting our guys to be tossing sub 3 ERA's and whatnot but we can do better than we are. We have to. And that includes the coaching staff. Dillon you are on the clock. It may not be fair to go public but if that's what I have to do I will. If we don't see improvement in the next few weeks, you are gone!"

Soik: "Are you serious? Calling out a coach in a press conference? Shouldn't that be behind closed door type stuff?"

GM: "Maybe. But at this point it doesn't matter. We are too good of a team to get held down by this leaky pitching staff. People need to shape up or they will be shipped out. This is a results oriented business. Grow up."

Jenkins: "Jenkins?"

GM: "Fine, fine yes Leroy. Lets talk a bit about the kids. I already mentioned Logan was struggling so with the All-Star break upon us we made the decision to send him to triple A for a few weeks to clear his head. Kinfu Lugono as well. In there place we recalled Raul Alilea to play 2nd and youngster Fernando Martinez to play 3rd. I'm sad to say after that brilliant April start our reunion with Francisco Mendez is over. He has been waived. In his place we will call upon young CF prospect Hakon van Hulst. You heard me right. We called up the Vampire Hunter. Lets see what he can do. I don't want to get too deep in the weeds here Leroy but as a whole I am very pleased with the progress we have seen down on the farm. Especially the pitching side of things. I'll give you one name to watch for Leroy. Scott Bugbie. He is a young Aussie we picked up as a free agent last year. The scouts keep upgrading his talent grades with every report I get. Keep your eye on his progress. Now if that's all I have a date with some alcohol. A lot of alcohol actually."
GM Vancouver Mounties

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: Sin City Times 2042.7

Post by jleddy » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:00 am

That was fun. It's even better when you read it in your mind with Brett's voice.

Bugbie's bumping is just going to make Shoeless sign more underage Australian boys.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:13 am

I will accept nothing less than Bugbie turning into don smith...
GM Vancouver Mounties

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Post by shoeless.db » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:34 pm

jleddy wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:00 am
That was fun. It's even better when you read it in your mind with Brett's voice.

Bugbie's bumping is just going to make Shoeless sign more underage Australian boys.
Correct, I just signed three more kangaroos after reading this team news.
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”