Sin City Times 2041.6

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2041.6

Post by bschr682 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:59 pm

GM: "Alright folks lets get a quick Q&A out of the way. As you know the Florida Prospect League starts shortly and we finalized our roster today. You were handed the list on your way in, I'll take a few questions on the roster. Yes?"

Goldie: "First name that jumps off the page is Johnny Hale. Are you at all concerned about his workload this season?"

GM: "It indeed is a slight concern. He is young and logged just shy of 150 innings. We actually took the step of meeting with him and our local medical staff down in AA Reno. Johnny says he feels fine and wants to work on a few things. The medical staff assures us he is in top condition. In fact the last medical issue he has even had was well over a year ago and that was just a blister. We do plan to take it a bit easy on him with a pitch count but on the whole we will let him log as many innings as he wants."

Soik: "I can't help but notice Jim Ashford made the list as well but at a different position than he played all year. In fact several of the higher profile outfielders seemed to have changed positions, care to comment?"

GM: "Sharp eye. We are taking the opportunity to do a little cross training with some of the guys. We expect a couple departures from the major league outfield and we have no concrete plans to target any free agent outfielders. We want as many options as possible for the different spots going into the spring. That's the plan at this point anyway."

Jenkins: "Leeeee…"

GM: "Take it easy Leroy. This entire press conference is about the FPL so of course we will be talking about prospects. Of note we have several of our starting pitching prospects trying their hand at a relief role this winter like Miguel Abline, as well as a couple of the guys who were injured and need to get some reps in such as Joe O'Donnell. We attempted to stack the pen a bit as that's the way the big league team is handling things and we want to see who could contribute to that."

Goldie: "Any early thoughts on any plans with the trade market?"

GM: "Well I can't get into specifics but its entirely possible that we make a few moves. On the other hand I can envision a path where we make zero moves both in the trade market and free agency while just promoting from within. The core of the big league team is mostly young so we have this flexibility but we do have some cap space as well. That's all the time I have today. See you folks in Tampa."
GM Vancouver Mounties

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Sin City Times 2041.6

Post by recte44 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:10 am

Looking forward to seeing Hale and O’Connell

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: Sin City Times 2041.6

Post by bschr682 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:17 pm

O’Connell really needs a movement bump
GM Vancouver Mounties