Sin City Times 2041.5

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2041.5

Post by bschr682 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:35 pm

GM: "Well that sucked. Lets get this over with. Questions?"

Goldie: "Many people had Vegas as the favorite in your matchup with Edmonton. What happened?"

GM: "Baseball is a fickle game sometimes. The best team doesn't always win. The line between good team and bad team can be pretty thin and sometimes the ball just doesn't bounce your way. If you want me to really pin down what cost us it would be the defensive miscues. You cannot have 3 errors in a game and expect to win. You can't commit errors in 3 out of the 4 games we played and expect to take a series. You have to give our guys some credit as they fought til the bitter end which is great to see but we shot ourselves in the foot too many times. This should leave a bitter taste in our players mouths and hopefully provide some motivation going forward."

Soik: "Now that the season is officially over, what is the focus in the offseason?"

GM: "Well I'll give you some breaking news. The first offseason move has already been made. We just released Mitch Dalrymple. So going into next season we have nearly 30 million in cap room and a couple exciting youngsters in Johnny Hale and Jim Ashford ready to come make a splash. The goal this offseason is to find some short term complimentary pieces and continue our work in rebuilding the farm system. We made some great strides in that department this season but all the talent is a long ways off in the lower levels. We have to keep pushing."

Goldie: "Do you expect the team to be competitive next season?"

GM: "Oh absolutely. I know we just got tossed in the first round but we nearly won 100 games for the second year in a row. The team has some really good players and many of them are expected to be with the team for at least the next 4 years. Our window is wide open. Now if you'll excuse me I need a drink or 10..."
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”