Sin City Times 2041.4

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2041.4

Post by bschr682 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:46 pm

GM: "Ok lets go back to it. The playoffs are coming up shortly so I'm a busy man. Questions?"

Yamauchi: "I noticed Akihisa Oka made the playoff roster after spending the majority of the season in AAA. Care to comment?"

GM: "Wow Masaki its been forever. I don't think I've seen you since we shipped Little Hammer out to Portland. How's that going? Still following him around?"

Yamauchi: "He is still one of the most famous Japanese athletes over here on account of his lineage. Thanks for sending him to that outpost by the way. Its super fun covering a team that loses over a hundred games 2 years in a row."

GM: "You are welcome. I'm sure they'll turn it around. At any rate, yes we did indeed add Oka to the post season roster. Wayne Jackson got dinged up and scouts have not liked how he looks after his return to health. We wanted another lefty to help him out and Oka can start in a pinch too. We really like Oka but baseball rosters are numbers games and he had options so down he went. We kept him stretched out down there and he looked pretty good. He has an excellent shot of breaking camp with us next season on the big league squad again."

Soik: "What does that mean for Wayne Jackson next year? Will you carry them both?"

GM: "Well we could always do that. We are going to have Wayne keep checking in with the training staff throughout the winter to see if he looks poised to get back to where he was prior to the injury. If not, well it could be Wayne's turn to have some extended time in AAA."

Goldie: "Wayne Jackson doesn't have any option years left. How are you going to work around that?"

GM: "I am aware of that of course. If the scouts believe his talent truly is diminished come the late part of spring training, we are willing to bet he clears waivers. On the flip side, if he were to bounce back well we don't have to worry about him not having options as he would make the team then. Seems simple enough to me. Love the chat guys. Gotta roll."
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”