Sin City Times 2041.3

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2041.3

Post by bschr682 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:58 pm

GM: "Hello everybody. I know normally I just take questions but today will be a little different. Lets talk about Shawn Huber. Specifically, how great he has been the last 2 seasons since he has been unleashed into pitching more innings."

Goldie: "He has been amazing. Over 300 innings between the last 2 seasons and over 400 K's in those innings!"

GM: "Exactly. Obviously its come at the sacrifice of his save numbers. I would imagine he will get no love from awards voters based on that fact alone but I'm going to ask a serious question here. Is Huber better than Jason Egan?"

Soik: "That's pretty much blasphemy to even suggest that. Wait didn't you oversee the final few years of Egan's career?"

Gm: "Exactly! So who better to throw out some opinions concerning these two? Lets be honest. Egan was incredible. He pitched for nearly 20 years and still kept that career ERA under 3. That's nuts. He won 119 games and never made a single start! His 753 saves reign supreme among all relievers and I highly doubt that record will ever be broken. I'm not up here suggesting we change the reliever of the year award name *cough* yet *cough*. Excuse me. I'm just trying to throw Huber into some historical context now that the season is in the books."

Goldie: "Well Egan did throw over 1400 innings over his career. Huber has a long way to go to catch that."

GM: "Does he really? Huber is already closing in on 900 and he is only 29. Egan pitched til he was 42! Is it crazy to think Huber can go 4 more years at the pace he is on? Maybe or maybe not. That's all it would take to catch Egan. Assuming he doesn't fall off a cliff or get hurt, I'm putting money on Huber amassing more innings than Egan had. What will the counting stats look like at that point? I'm not sure but if you believe in WAR Huber is already better..."
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”