Sin City Times 2041.2

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2041.2

Post by bschr682 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:23 pm

GM: "Good evening folks. Lets try not to have a repeat of the other day. Let's get straight to it. Questions?"

Jenkins: "Lllleeeeeerrrrrroooooooyyyyyy Jjjjjjeeeeeennnnnnnkkkkkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnns!!!!"

GM: "Wow that one actually hurt my ears. You realize we know you can say other words right? Whatever Leroy lets talk about the farm. I'm sure you are just as excited about Johnny Hale as we are. Before you ask, no he won't be making the post season roster. He has already thrown 145 innings and he probably will toss a few more down in the Florida Prospect League. He has had an outstanding year and has a great shot of making the big leagues as soon as next year."

Jenkins: "Aaassshhhffoorrdd??"

GM: "Yes we are pumped about Jim Ashford too. If he comes into spring training hot its gonna force a very tough decision on the team. We have a lot of good players in the outfield and also one highly paid player so we aren't sure just yet how the dominoes will fall. It'd be pretty reckless of me to just flippantly tell you what might happen months before a decision needs to be made but what the hell, I'll do it anyway. As of right now, barring injury, the plan will be to have Ashford be the starting RF next year. Now I'm sure Zikomo and Dalrymple will realize there are 2 of them and only one other starting OF slot. Hopefully this will be a bit of motivation..."

Goldie: "What changes were made to the roster for the playoffs? By my last count there were 29 active and the limit will be back to the normal 27."

GM: "Excellent baseball question. Quite a few changes actually. We called up both SS Rodrigo Rios and RP Ricardo Moreno. Both were eligible and we liked what they brought to the table. Both will be active in the playoffs. That will leave us with 4 inactives from the current roster. LF Tim Torres, SS Tyler Shacklady, SP Michel Girard, and swingman Ricardo Sanchez. With more offdays than normal in a playoff series we don't need as many arms. Since Edris Mtume is such a beast we can leave Girard and Sanchez inactive and make the switch to Moreno who is slightly better in a limited role. We have Rios higher on the depth chart than Shacklady in the first place but we wanted Rios to get fulltime at bats which would not have happened on the major league team this season. Anything else? I feel like I'm crushing this press conference right now. Let's keep going..."

Soik: "Something is seriously wrong with you. Speaking of Mtume. He is set to be a free agent. Any plans to extend his contract?"

GM: "There's a reason you are still single Lindsey... Anyway, we love Edris. We have indeed had some back and forth with his agent about extending his contract but so far no luck. The asking price is simply too high right now. We will continue to negotiate and quite honestly, if they come down with the demands a bit we will bring him back. Hey is that you Ricky in the back there?"

Bustamante: "Yes is there a problem with me being here?"

GM: "Not really. I know we actually have quite a few fans south of the border since the Aztecs never win anything. If that pickle smoocher Holmes had managed to win just one more game the Frontier Division would have owned all 4 wildcard spots. That would have been incredible."

Bustamante: "Wait was that on the record?!"

GM: "Oh yea go ahead and quote me on that. That clown probably doesn't even know how to read anyway. That's all for today folks. I'll be back soon. Something about a league mandated amount of news..."
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”