Sin City Times 2040.8

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2040.8

Post by bschr682 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:19 pm

GM: "Welcome everyone. It sure has been a good month. The team is sporting a 17-12 record even with a schedule that has been pretty brutal with a lot of games against Rockville and Edmonton. The offense hasn't been great but the defense has stepped up and the bullpen has been amazing. Shout out to Shawn Huber. That guy is a beast right now and he is just soaking up the innings. Lets open it up to questions. Yes?"

Goldie: "You signed and called up Tokichiro Yamaguchi, designating Manuel Romano for assignment to make room. Just this past week you claimed Jorge Elizondo from Edmonton and waived Yamaguchi to make room for him. Now I have it on good authority that you have claimed Jose Rivas from Nashville and I can only assume you will waive Elizondo to make room for him. Wayne Jackson comes off the disabled list in 2 weeks. What exactly are you doing?"

GM: "Yea I can see how confusing that looks on the whole of it. Look Romano wasn't a long term solution. We nabbed Yamaguchi for depth and it worked out ok but he just walks too many people. We decided we would give Elizondo a whirl this week and see if he can lay claim to a spot. Rivas will get the same treatment. In the end, Jackson will get his spot back upon returning from the disabled list and hopefully some of these guys slip through waivers back down to AAA. If they do we suddenly have a ton of at least kind of ok depth. If other teams claim them, oh well. Such is life."

Jenkins: "Leeeerrrooooyyyyy Jeeennnnkkiiinnnnns!"

GM: "Yes fine Leroy. Give me the note."

Jenkins: "Jeeennnnkkkiiiinnnnss…"

GM: "Ok so Leroy wants to know about the calling up of Phil Logan. Alright well its no secret that Jesus Yan was struggling. We love the kid but he is only 19 and he just wasn't hitting. So we sent him back down to Milwaukee where we plan to have him work out more at SS and 2B while hopefully reviving his bat. In his place we called up Phil Logan. Logan had a tremendous showing in his first week in Vegas. The sky is the limit for that kid. He has a bigger bat than Yan does and his defense isn't too shabby either."

Soik: "Well what about Jose Garcia? I believe I saw his name pop up on the projected Milwaukee roster for next week? If that's true, who is replacing him at DH?"

GM: "Garcia is struggling as well. Not quite as bad as Yan but he doesn't have excellent defense to fall back on so the floor of his batting stats has to be a bit higher. He is fairly young yet so he will get full time at bats down in AAA and maybe work his way back up. In the mean time we have recalled Otto Altaner to take his spot at DH. Altaner has been impressive with his bat even after the scouts downgraded his potentials following the trade from Calgary. He is only 21 so if he can keep it up at the big league level, perhaps the scouts will admit they were wrong and up his potential grade a bit? That's the plan as of now."

Yamauchi: "Any truth to the rumor that you have contacted Portland about Sadaharu Oh 3 possibly returning?"

GM: "Masaki! How have you been? How is the weather in Portland? I can't really answer your question but I will say it was Portland that contacted us but I can neither confirm nor deny that Little Hammer was mentioned. Any other questions? No? Alright then we are done here. Hopefully next month treats us just as kindly as April has and if the schedule is a bit easier, watch out!"
GM Vancouver Mounties

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Sin City Times 2040.8

Post by recte44 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Logan- what a sneaky good prospect!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”