Sin City Times 2040.6

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2040.6

Post by bschr682 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:25 am

GM: "Alright folks lets settle down and get started. Is this thing on? Folks lets calm down a little. Hello?"

Crowd: Loud unintelligible din...

GM: "I know we are all excited about how well the week went but I can't hear anything. Lets get professional here shall we. People?"

Crowd: Loud murmuring continues...

GM: "Fine have it your way. Leroy do your thing!"

Jenkins: "LEEEEEERRRRROOOOOOYYYY JEEEENNNNKIINS!!!!"

GM: "Thank you Leroy that seemed to get everyone's attention. You do have your uses. Alright folks lets open this up to questions immediately. Yes?"

Bustamante: "Regarding the recent comments coming out of Mexico City..."

GM: "No comment. Smooches with pickles is obviously a little upset about his teams performance and needs a temporary punching bag to relieve some stress. I wouldn't put too much stock in it."

Bustamante: "It sure sounded like there was some real history there.."

GM: "No comment..."

Bustamante: "But specifically the nicknames that were used..."

GM: "Ricky we go a long way back. Lets just drop this. Some things are better left unsaid. The league is filled with quirky GM's. Just take that clown in Boise for instance. His team is off to an awful start and all he wants to talk about are some fake baseball cards he has. Seriously, MLB? That's such fake news. What kind of guy sits around and imagines being a fake GM of a fake baseball team in fake baseball league? I'm a real GM Bustamante. I don't have time to be indulging fantasies. There is a BBA team here that needs running. Yes Lindsey?"

Soik: "Wayne Jackson left the game with an apparent injury back on the 8th. Can we get some clarification on what happened?"

GM: "Wayne started that game just fine but is elbow began tightening up on him. The trainers decided it was best to play it safe and pulled him from the game. At this point they are calling it an elbow strain and shutting him down for awhile. Preliminary reports suggest he will be out at least a little over a month."

Soik: "Who will be taking his place on the roster?"

GM: "Nothing is finalized yet but we are leaning towards calling up Manuel Romano. He is a veteran and should be able to tide us over a few weeks until Jackson comes back. We have been eyeballing a few minor league free agents as well to get some depth into the system should Jackson suffer any sort of setback. Yes?"

Goldie: "The team sits at a comfortable 6-4 two weeks into the season but currently has a -9 run differential. Any plans to address this?"

GM: "Well as I've stated before its a bit early to make any sort of decision based on a really small sample size of results. The negative run differential is concerning but we have guys up and down the lineup that are massively underperforming. As we get deeper into the season I expect many of them to pull out of the early season funk and our offense should get better as a result. If this is still the case in a few weeks, then we would start taking stock of our options to fix the problem at that point."

Jenkins: Hands GM a small note...

GM: "What's this? Wow Leroy you work for the Las Vegas Sports Blog? I didn't think you had it in you to hold down a job. Well as far as your question goes, its still too early to get a bead on anything in the minors. Same problem as the big league club. Just too small of a sample. There are bright spots we can point out though I suppose. Phil Logan has been swinging the bat really well but Milwaukee as a team is struggling. Reno is off to a hot start thanks in part to Foppe Visser. He is crushing the ball right now. Nothing particularly noteworthy is happening in Pahrump. All 3 minor league teams that are in action are in good health save Yu-Bao Tong going down for Milwaukee. He would have been up in place of Jackson but he also has an elbow problem and will be on the shelf for about 2 months instead. Well that's all the time we have today. See you folks next week."
GM Vancouver Mounties

shoeless.db
BBA GM

Re: Sin City Times 2040.6

Post by shoeless.db » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:02 am

I don't understand this article. You touched on a bunch of subjects, but you were able to contain yourself and not overkill any of them. Did UPS force you into some kind of "managing your feelings" class?
Sacramento Mad Popes (unretired)
-- Vic Caleca Team News Award Winner 2052
-- BBA Champion 2053
-- Pacific Champs 2040, 2042, 2043, 2047, 2048, 2049, 2051, 2053, 2054
Life is a bit more beautiful when time is measured by the half inning rather than the half hour.

bschr682
Ex-GM

Re: Sin City Times 2040.6

Post by bschr682 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:45 am

Hah. I wrote this while I was still waking up this morning. Didn’t have the energy to go bonkers.
GM Vancouver Mounties

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”