Sin City Times 2040.2

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2040.2

Post by bschr682 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:56 pm

GM: “Welcome back folks. Lets get right at it. Any questions? Yes Goldie?”

Goldie: “Last week you sort of just left after getting Sadaharu Oh Jr's phone number. I had a follow up question to the topic that day. Why did you trade Oh 3 instead of Henry Rectenberg? We've all heard the rumors about Rectenwald discussing maybe taking him with on the way to Nashville.”

GM: “Excellent question. All of us here know how big the legend of Matt Rectenwald is in this city. Of course if he had a solid trade offer I would have listened. But I'll let you in on what really happened. He wanted Rectenberg for free. In the run up to my taking over the GM duties here, he repeatedly suggested we opt out of Rectenbergs deal for financial reasons. It made sense if Flores opted in but when Flores stunned us all by opting out we found ourselves with cap space. We decided to keep Rectenberg and at least force Nashville to give us some sort of return. We had some discussions but it all boiled down to Rectenwald wanting Rectenberg basically free of charge. Discussions broke down when Nashville officially informed us they didn't have a roster spot for another corner outfielder. Yes?”

Lindsey: “Lindsey Soik here from the Las Vegas Sun. Nashville 4 days ago traded for 2 rule 5 eligible minor league outfielders from Mexico City. Then yesterday in the rule 5 draft they picked up another outfielder. That story of yours doesn't seem to check out.”

GM: “Uggh don't mention Mexico City to me. Makes me sick. If my story here was just #fakenews I wouldn't be answering this question. The point I am making here is that the previous GM of Las Vegas was trying to hustle me. Hah Masaki did you see what I did there?! Hustle the Hustlers! Hah! #shotsfired Wait why are you still here? Shouldn't you be in Portland? Nevermind. Don't answer that. At any rate trade discussions have completely broken down with Nashville as it appears that Rectenwald only wanted Rectenberg if he were free. Hmmm Rectenwald, Rectenberg... What an odd coincidence in those names...”
GM Vancouver Mounties

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”