Sin City Times 2040.1

GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

bschr682
Ex-GM

Sin City Times 2040.1

Post by bschr682 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:31 pm

GM: “Hello. I'd like to give you all a brief overview of my history as a GM before we get underway. Yes?” pointing towards a reporter with a hand raised already.

Goldie: “Nicolas Kuffrey from the Las Vegas Review-Journal here. I believe all the media members present received the PR brief you titled “The Journey”. We can probably skip the intro here.”

GM: “Is that you Goldie?! Wow the last time I saw you was in 2002 when my Crusaders were busy beating your Vegas team for the Landis. So you're a writer now huh?”

Goldie: “Its good to chat with you again. Losing that title isn't exactly my fondest mem...”

GM: “I distinctly remember you crying that day. Good times, good times. Well if Goldie thinks we can skip the intro I'll just open the floor to questions. Yes?”

Yamauchi: “Masaki Yamauchi for the Yomiuri shimbun here. Earlier this week you..”

GM: “Masaki! How the hell have you been? What a coincidence that both you and Goldie are here. Remember him crying? What a clown that guy is. Wait why are you here?”

Yamauchi: “Well after you left me off the playoff roster that year I retired and moved back home to Japan. I kept in touch with Hammer and he pulled some strings and got me a soft landing spot in the media. I follow around the best Japanese players in the BBA and write for the biggest paper in Tokyo.”

GM: “Hammer! Man its been forever since I spoke with him. He was always one of my favorites. What's he up to these days?”

Yamauchi: “Well he had been following his sons career here in Vegas. That's what my question was going to be about before you cut me off. Why did you trade Sadaharu Oh 3 to Portland?”

GM: “That was his son? Wow no family resemblance. Makes a guy wonder... Well anyway I'll level with you Masaki. Sometimes roster construction is just a numbers game. When I walked in the door I noticed an immediate problem. We have way too many corner outfielders. Oh 3, Garrett, Camacho, Kirshbaum, Boullosa and Rectenberg. And we have the Italian Stallion waiting in the wings as well.”

Yamauchi: “But Oh 3 was only 23 and he just hit 31 homers after coming up from the minors. Surely one of the others would have been a better choice...”

GM: “Masaki I don't tell you how to do your job. You don't tell me how to do mine. There was a reason I left you off that playoff roster. Just trust me it'll work out. Oh is barely an outfielder anyway. He is more suited to a DH role which we already have filled.”

Yamauchi: “That trade also included Yamamoto and Akahori. You traded 3 young Japanese players for
3 over 30 relievers when the bullpen in Vegas is already the strength of the team. Do you have some problem with players from Japan?”

GM: “#fakenews. Lets get the facts straight. I'll have you know Chien is only 29. And he is from some China place. China, Japan close enough. Don't make this into a race issue. Whitaker may be 30 but is coming of a sub 2 era and Morris might be 36 but he was pretty solid in New Orleans as well. Yamamoto is indeed young but he gave up 34 homers in AA. He wouldn't survive here. And Akahori was dreadful last season. He is 25 and not really a prospect anymore. I saw an opportunity to make our bullpen even better than it was for minimal cost and all 3 players we traded away will get more playing time than they would have had here. Sure we took on a bunch of money but 2 of the 3 players are on expiring deals. Hell we might even get some compensation picks headed into next year. And we have money to burn since that clown Flores foolishly opted out. So you should be thanking me Masaki. If you are following Little Hammer around you get to move to Portland. I hear its a nice place. Oh and give me Hammer's number. I have an offer to discuss with him.”
GM Vancouver Mounties

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: Sin City Times 2040.1

Post by HoosierVic » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:48 pm

Awesome.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”