GM: Matt Rectenwald

Moderator: recte44

recte44
GB: Commissioner

WHIV 2038.1- Amid Trade Rumors, Barajas Puts Down Vegas Roots

Post by recte44 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:16 pm

Amid Trade Rumors, Barajas Puts Down Vegas Roots
November 9, 2037

Aymeric Barajas has heard all of the rumors. "Yeah, I've heard the chatter," admitted the Las Vegas Hustlers' left fielder. "That doesn't bother me, not one bit."

Throughout the years many a player has uttered that cliche response to trade rumors, but in this case it doesn't appear to be just lip service. That became clear when Barajas bet on sticking around by opening his own restaurant on the Las Vegas strip today. "I like to joke around a lot, but I'm serious about this. It's been a lifelong dream of mine to open my own restaurant, and once I was traded to Vegas I had the perfect place to open it," explained Barajas.

Today, his dream became a reality as he opened the doors of his new eatery, Barajas's Restaurant and Grill.

"I wanted to combine my love of food with my love of baseball to create a fun, yet classy, dining experience that the whole family can enjoy," explained the proud new owner.

Barajas's Restaurant and Grill's menu features both ballpark-inspired cuisine and traditional favorites. The walls are adorned with Hustlers memorabilia and other mementos from Barajas's career.

"If you're into baseball nostalgia or just love great food in a friendly atmosphere, this is going to be the place for you," said Barajas.

Plus, you might just bump into the Hustlers left fielder himself.

"Oh yeah, I'll be in here a lot. Whether it's baseball or business, I'm definitely a hands-on kind of guy." Despite all of the trade rumors? "Whether I'm a Hustler or not, this city has been everything I expected and more- I plan on sticking around here for a long time," said Barajas with a grin.

We reached out to Hustlers General Manager Matt Rectenwald with this query- how do you plan to fit Henry Rectenberg , Eliseu Satino , newcomer Declan Crauen , Barajas and Sadaharu Oh III into four spots. Rectenwald responded with a quick hot take- "Do you think Barajas can play center field? LOL."

Return to “Las Vegas Hustlers”