Trail Droppings 2045-5 Calgary Finally Gets Gallegos

GM: Kevin Dickson

Moderator: indiansfan

indiansfan
BBA GM

Trail Droppings 2045-5 Calgary Finally Gets Gallegos

Post by indiansfan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:57 pm

Calgary Finally Gets Gallegos

The Pioneers were finally able to convince Edmonton to trade them pitcher Rodrigo Gallegos after years of trying. Gallegos, a starter in Edmonton the past 5 years, was originally drafted by Calgary before being lost in the last expansion draft. The former round 2 pick was taken by Portland in the expansion draft and then traded to Edmonton.

“He is the one I have always regretted from that draft. It came down to between him and another guy and I protected the wrong guy,” GM Kevin Dickson said. “I don’t even remember who the other guy was, but I have been trying to get Rodrigo and his screwball back ever since.”

Gallegos was 40-31 in 131 starts for the Jackrabbits and was a part of their 2041 Landis winning squad. In Calgary he will probably begin the season in the bullpen, but the team is counting on him to fill in if any injuries hit the rotation. Gallegos hasn’t pitched in relief since his rookie season, but the team thinks he will adjust and be a leader in the clubhouse.

Along with Gallegos the team picked up prospect 2B Ernest Peters and C Troy Price who was also originally drafted by Calgary. Both are viewed as depth pieces and are longshots to make it to Calgary. The main player traded to Edmonton was 2B Roberto Puente who has a good shot to be the starter there. The Pioneers also sent promising OF Kaxuyoshi Ohayashi and P Harry Raymond in the deal. Both have major league potential.

“Yeah I overpaid, but it was Rodrigo. We have a lot of young outfielders and Puente was stuck in AAA. Raymond is the one I really didn’t want to deal, I’ll probably regret that part”

Despite being division rivals, Edmonton and Calgary have made a number of deals in recent years. The Jackrabbits currently have 6 former Pioneers on their 40 man roster.
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

Return to “Calgary Pioneers”