Trail Droppings 2038-7 Calgary Moving Fences Again?

GM: Kevin Dickson

Moderator: indiansfan

indiansfan
BBA GM

Trail Droppings 2038-7 Calgary Moving Fences Again?

Post by indiansfan » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:32 pm

Calgary Moving Fences Again?

Assistant General Manager Harry Green confirmed today that the Pioneers are looking at making some changes to their outfield fences. With several young left handed power hitters in the system, there has been speculation that the team may lower the wall in right field. The team made some alterations to The Stockyard a few years ago to benefit right handed hitters and the expense of lefties.

“All I can say is that we are looking into,” Green said. “We have always taken our park into consideration when acquiring players and we have made changes to it in the past. We will do what is best for the team.”

Werner McConnell, Jr., recently returned from Florida, spoke up in support of the change. “Hey I would love to have them lower that wall in right field, say maybe from 10 feet to about 3 feet, that would work for me,” he said. McConnell, who will probably be in Calgary’s outfield next year clearly doesn’t know about the league’s 5 foot minimum fence height.

“I’m not sure how they think they are going to get any pitchers to sign here,” grumbled pitching coach Ralph Desjardins. “I mean Cristobal gave up almost 40 homers and that’s with the fences where they are. It is tough enough building a pitching staff in the BBA without them monkeying around with the fences every couple of years.”

The fence discussion only fuels the rumor that the team is trying to acquire left handed pitching. With an almost all right handed pitching staff, moving the fence in to help left handed batters could backfire. GM Kevin Dickson was asked while entering the building this afternoon about Green and Desjardin’s comments and he refused to say anything on the record. However, it was clear from his reaction that this information was not supposed to leave the building.
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Trail Droppings 2038-7 Calgary Moving Fences Again?

Post by RonCo » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:02 pm

Interesting.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Calgary Pioneers”