Trail Droppings 2036-4 Pioneers Bring Back Leonard

GM: Kevin Dickson

Moderator: indiansfan

indiansfan
BBA GM

Trail Droppings 2036-4 Pioneers Bring Back Leonard

Post by indiansfan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:56 pm

Pioneers Bring Back Leonard
The “Love Machine” is back in town. Calgary completed a trade with San Antonio to bring Dan Leonard, one of Calgary’s all time greats, back where he belongs. Infielder Frank Cassidy was sent to the Outlaws in the echange.

“I’m glad to be home,” Leonard said. “I had to do what was best for me financially when I went to San Antonio, but it looked like I wasn’t in their future plans. When they asked me if I wanted to go back to Calgary, I jumped at the chance. Plus it’s too damn hot there.”

Leonard broke in with Calgary in 2020 as an 18 yr old and was a member of the starting lineup for the next 14 seasons. The 4 time all star needs only 212 hits to reach 3000. Upon arriving in Calgary he signed a 3 year extension in a very team friendly deal.

“Hey, I made my money. I’m comfortable. Maybe I can hit my 3000 here and help some of these younger players learn the game,” Leonard said.

It is doubtful that he will have a spot in the starting lineup next year. It is more likely that he will be a role player and injury insurance for the team. His replacement in Calgary at first base, Francisco Marin, led the Frick this season in at bats, doubles, triples, sacrifices, while finishing 4th in Hits and 6th in stolen bases.

“Getting Dan back is big,” said manager Terry Cochran. “I will find someplace for him to play, while he passes me on the team leader boards. I think he can help out with the kids.”

Cassidy was blocked in Calgary and will have a better chance of making it to the big leagues with San Antonio. He has put up good numbers with his bat and his glove in the Pioneers minor league system.
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

Return to “Calgary Pioneers”