Trail Droppings 2033-3 Karyabwite Has Strong Sophomore Seaso

GM: Kevin Dickson

Moderator: indiansfan

indiansfan
BBA GM

Trail Droppings 2033-3 Karyabwite Has Strong Sophomore Seaso

Post by indiansfan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:11 pm

Karyabwite Has Strong Sophomore Season

Calgary’s left fielder, Juan Karyabwite, followed up his Gillstrom winning year with a strong performance in his sophomore season. In his rookie season he won the FL Gillstrom Award, won the FL Zimmer for left field and led the Frick League in batting average at .338. He should contend for the Zimmer again this year.

While not posting the average he did last year, he still bat a respectable .315. He broke the 200 hit mark this year, with 209, good for fourth best in the Frick. He broke Calgary’s season stolen base record with 99 and his 77 last season are the third best in club history. He also drove in 103 runs putting him in triple digits for the first time. All he needs to do is improve his power numbers to become the team’s best Four Tool player since Johnnie Iraq.

Originally the team planned on moving Karyabwite to center field next season. However with the Mario Soriano signing an extension it looks like he will remain in left field for now. He did play a little right field this year and will probably spend some time at both right and center in Spring Training to increase his utility in the outfield.

“I can’t say enough about this kid,” said manager Terry Cochran. “He has the best wheels I’ve ever been on a team with and he is going to hit over .300 every year. Normally I’d bat him lead off with that speed, but as the best pure hitter on the team he is going to bat third for now. Plus I have like three true lead off guys on this team. Not what you think of when you think Calgary!”

Calgary has traditionally been know as a power team, but over the past few seasons has been a better batting average and running team then they have with the long ball. In order to take it to the next level the team needs to hit more homers and they are hoping their left fielder can improve in that area.
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director