2052-2 Calgary Gets a King

GM: Kevin Dickson

Moderator: indiansfan

indiansfan
BBA GM

2052-2 Calgary Gets a King

Post by indiansfan » Tue May 31, 2022 5:19 pm

Calgary Gets a King

The King is coming to Calgary, as in pitcher Brian King. The lefty and former Las Vegas Hustler will be joining his third team in as many years. After winning the Brewster with Las Vegas in 2049, King left in free agency and spent last season in Madison. When the Wolves didn’t resign him, he lingered through most of the off season before the Pioneers signed him to a 1 year deal for $5 million.

“I was wondering if I had a fungus or something,” King joked. “I know this was a great year for free agents, from the management perspective, but boy was it a long year for us players. You see some of the guys that are still available?”

This season was flooded with the best free agent class in over a decade. In part due to the collapse of the UMEBA and its reformation as the GBC, there was more young talent available then normal. Several teams also found themselves in salary cap hell and couldn’t extend some of their best players.

“Hey, I think we got a deal. To get an All Star lefty starting pitcher for $5 mil?,” GM Kevin Dickson said. “I’m penciling him in as our Opening Day starter right now. I’m also glad he was willing to sign for one season, because we are going to have cap issues next season.”

Calgary is right against the cap for 2052 which has created problems with the team’s offseason plans. While the team was able to sign several players to minor league deals or 30 day minor/major contract, the cap issue prevented the team from going after anyone looking for a long term deal.
Kevin

Calgary Pioneers 2004-
BBA Landis Champs 2018, 21
FL Champs 2018, 21, 39
FL Pacific Champs: 2016, 19, 21, 34
FL Frontier Champs 2039
FL WC 2018, 26-29, 31-32, 35
JL WC 2040, 41, 44
FL MOY 2019, 34
JL MOY 2044

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2052-2 Calgary Gets a King

Post by CTBrewCrew » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:37 pm

He wanted 12m a year for 6 years when he wanted to resign with me. Hard pass - lol. I hope he does as well for you as he did for me last season

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Calgary Pioneers”