Crawdad Chronicles 37.03 - Zilabamuzale Makes Debut for Ghana

GM: Jim Roberts

Moderator: JimBob2232

JimBob2232
BBA GM

Crawdad Chronicles 37.03 - Zilabamuzale Makes Debut for Ghana

Post by JimBob2232 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:00 am

This opening day is particularly special. C Bisrat Zilabazale (http://montybrewster.net/BBA/HTML/news/ ... 36154.html) is not only making his Major League Debut, but by a cursory review of BBA history, his stop in New Orleans will mark the first time a player from Ghana has ever played in the BBA.

It wasnt planned this way. Hsin Mei was entrenched as the opening day catcher until he was traded to Mexico City. But after that deal, it was clear Jim Miranda would be the opening day starter. Who would back him up though became unclear. C Alfonso Vela was placed on Waivers. C Dan Clapper was traded to Montreal.

This heavy movement at the catcher ranks left a giant hole. One that the 6'3" Ghanaian was happy to fill. "This has been my dream" said Zilabazale. "To finally get the call, its unbelieveable". When reporters asked about what it means to be the first Ghanaian in the BBA, he broke down in tears. "It means so much to me and my family..I cant explain it".

Zilabazale, raised in Kumasai, the capital city of the Ashanti region, with a total population of over 2M, originaly signed with the now defunct Rome Raiders in 2028. After bouncing around between Edmonton, California, Omaha, and Mexico City organizations, he was signed to a minor league contract in November.

Now, still only 25 years old. He will get his chance. Here's to hoping for a long and successful career for the (still young) Ghanaian!

Return to “New Orleans Crawdads”