Crawdad Chronicles 35.02 -Bullpen Worried About Their Future

GM: Jim Roberts

Moderator: JimBob2232

JimBob2232
BBA GM

Crawdad Chronicles 35.02 -Bullpen Worried About Their Future

Post by JimBob2232 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:41 am

The first week is in the books. New Orleans went 4-1 against Mexico City and Rockville, and although the bats got off to a sleepy start, the pitching staff sure didnt.

The Starting Pitchers posted a 1.54 ERA in the first week, but perhaps most impressive is that they all went the distance, 8 or 9 innings, before turning it over Closer Luis Ortega, who was also perfect, notching 3 saves.

The lone loss came from Gabriel Alfonso, who ironically, did not allow an earned run (but 4 unearned) in a loss to Mexico City after a miserable 3 error performance (including 2 in the same inning) sealed his teams fate. "its hard enough to get 3 outs in an inning, let alone 5" he quipped.

This is good news of course, but New Orleans bullpen is starting to get worried. "I'm ready to play ball!" said Reliver Joaquin Romero who is in his first full stint with the team after playing in just one game last year. "The mid-summer bullpen antics are already in mid-season form, but come on, we want the rock!"

Obviously one week doesnt make a season, but New Orleans is off to a good start. If the pitching stays hot, and if the bats perform slightly better than their .214 batting average in the first sim, things looks promising for the young club.

felipe
Ex-GM

Re: Crawdad Chronicles 35.02 -Bullpen Worried About Their Fu

Post by felipe » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:32 am

I was gonna make disparaging remarks about your bullpen, but when I looked them up, yeah, they're pretty good

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “New Orleans Crawdads”