Kernels Team News 2037-03

GM: Josh Davidoff

Moderator: joshd19

Edward Murphy
Ex-GM

Kernels Team News 2037-03

Post by Edward Murphy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:47 pm

Today, we are at Patrick Tillman Memorial Stadium for a meet and greet for the press core and season ticket holders introducing the new players to the Des Moines Kernels nation. On hand are outfielder, Victor Guerra; bull pen pitcher, Bob Sanderson; and free agent signees outfielder, Aloysius Gonzaga and infielder, Don Draper.

Victor Guerra was asked, “What do you see your roll on the team is?” Victor stated, I want to help the Kernels win, if it is playing the outfield, DH, coming off the bench as a pitch hitter, or even as a veteran to show the rookies and younger players how to win through my leadership on and off the field. I’m a league average player hitting .258/.307/.439 in my career. I feel I still have a pop in my bat and am looking to hit around 30 home runs this season.

Aloysius Gonzaga stated, I like what is see here. I feel the Kernels have the players to play meaningful baseball in September and even possibly a post season run. Coming from Jacksonville, where I saw what it takes to make the post season, is the type of know-how I bring to the table. The game is won or lost on the field but putting in long hours in the weight room, and batting practice, gives you the opportunities to win the game.

Don Draper was asked, “You are a very popular player on and off the field. Why is that?” Don replied, well on the field, it comes from how I approach the game. My fellow team mates see how much time I put into practice, time I spend in the film room studying pitchers and going over scouting reports from our pregame scouting team.”
From the back of the room a shout out filled the room “I want to hold your hand”. The room broke into laughter. Don continued, “Was that you Helen Wheels? My off field popularity comes from how I interact with the fans off the field. I have made personal appearances at hospitals, visited schools, and even signing autographs after games.

Bob Sanderson stated, In my first few weeks here, I see this club is on the rise. I also feel we can play meaningful baseball in September and look forward to a possible post season run. Last season was not my best. I gave up to many walks. I’m looking forward to a good spring training camp with Pitching Coach, Lyndon Copeman, to work on my mechanics. My success will come from pitching to locations and control. As an ageing veteran, I no longer can over power hitters with straight velocity.

After the formal meet and greet fans were able to get autographs and pictures with the Kernel’s new players.
Edward Murphy

Playing with a Purpose
awm53222@yahoo.com

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Kernels Team News 2037-03

Post by RonCo » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:30 am

Is that optimism stirring in Des Moines?
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

felipe
Ex-GM

Post by felipe » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 am

Ron makes everything seem dirty...

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:39 am

I plead guilty to playing to the reader.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Des Moines Kernels”