Series Recap Kernels vs Nine 2036- 05 June 3-5

GM: Josh Davidoff

Moderator: joshd19

Edward Murphy
Ex-GM

Series Recap Kernels vs Nine 2036- 05 June 3-5

Post by Edward Murphy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:14 am

Kernels go on a 3 game road trip against division rivals Yellow Spring Nine. This is the first trip to Utopia Field for the Kernels in the 2036 season, but the second meeting of the teams, the Kernels lead the series 2-1. Kernels hope to add additional wins during this next series.

June 3, 2036, Kernels put Ragnar Lothbrok on the mound Nine counters with their ace Lawrence Columbus LaLoosh. The Kernels struck early putting the Nine in a deep hole scoring 5 runs in the first two innings. Nine tried to make a comeback scoring 4 runs in the middle innings before the Kernels broke open the game in the seventh scoring 4 runs. Kernels won the game 13 to 4.

June 4, 2036, Kernels Mario Villarreal (3-5) is going up against Jose Chavez (5-5) for the Nine. Kernels were on the board early scoring 3 runs in the first two innings. Mario kept the Nine off balance all game allowing only one run in fourth, striking out 8, and allowing only 2 walks, in 8 innings pitched. Kernels went on to an easy 8 – 1 win.

June 5, 2036, After taking the first 2 games in the series, the Kernels are looking for the sweep. The offences came from two familiar players, William Moreland and Ernesto Garza. Moreland struck first in the top of the 3rd on a 1-2 count and drove a frozen rope shot 384 feet to deep right field for a grand slam. Then in the top of the fifth, with runners on first and second, Ernest hit a key line drive double collecting two RBIs. This game the Nine owned the hit column, with 11 to 7 for the Kernels, but at the end of the day the Kernels took the win with a score of 6 – 4 and sweeping the Nine.

After the last game of the series I caught up with Kernels super fan, Eleanor Rigby. The first question was what are you doing in Yellow Springs? Eleanor stated, “Bucket list thing, I want to visit every park in the BBA league. Yellow Springs is my first park outside of Des Moines.” Any thought about Utopia Field “I enjoyed my visit, have a very much good sight line to the field, the fans we sat with were very nice, and knowable of Nine. I felt the beer was a little overpriced, the chicken nacho plater was great, and sweeping the Nine is the cherry on top.“ Eleanor who are the other people in your party? “Helen Wheels and my Uncle Albert” Hellen what did you think about the games “loved it I’m starting to see why Eleanor talks about the Kernels so much. I’m planning even to go to home games.“ Albert “I enjoyed the games also, living outside of Yellow Springs, I will come to more games next season” Albert what do you do for a living? “Just a paperback writer” thanks for your time and have a nice trip home.
Edward Murphy

Playing with a Purpose
awm53222@yahoo.com

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: Series Recap Kernels vs Nine 2036- 05 June 3-5

Post by RonCo » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:27 am

We can't beat the Kernels...it's always a hard day's night with them, and winning is like walking a long and winding road. Guess we'll just Let it Be.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Des Moines Kernels”