On the Lam, 58.6 - Aloha means goodbye

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

On the Lam, 58.6 - Aloha means goodbye

Post by trmmilwwi » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:02 am

There are a few players that will not be back in an Outlaw uniform next season. Let’s call them our Straight Edge crew. Here are the names.

SP Kent Pickford – The 30 year old veteran has bene with the Outlaws since 2044 when he signed a minor league contract. He has pitched in 7 seasons with the big league club and has gone 64-78 with a 5.26 ERA in 243 games. His best season was in 2056 when he went 15-11 with a 3.93 ERA. He has high stuff and decent control but his movement has dropped a click in the last few seasons. His 41 homers given up just doesn’t play well in San Antonio. Hopefully he finds a home in a pitcher friendly park somewhere.

RP Francisco Salgado – The front office brought back Salgado as an in season pickup when they saw the ex-Outlaw was available for a much lower ask than he started the offseason with. His worst years as a professional were in the mid ‘50’s when he was with San Antonio so why we thought he would be a good fit is a great question but we are suckers for nostalgia. He did end up with a positive WAR in 34 games pitched this season so it was disastrous but we probably could have saved $1.1M with a AAAA scrub if we didn’t lean towards history. The 37 year old is likely on his way across the pond for some time in the GBA.

RP Mike Allain – Another 37 year old reliever who has fallen off quite a bit, Allain will sadly not be back next season. He was a free agent add 3 seasons back and was coming off of 4 good seasons with Nashville. Living off of Nashville’s scraps doesn’t seem to be a bad game plan proceeding forward as the juggernaut keeps getting better. Allain had 2 great seasons in ’56 and ’57 with sub 3.00 ERA’s and the highest ERA+ of his career. This season age really caught up with him and he dropped off quite a bit posting his worst season since ’51 with Brooklyn. The journeyman may also be headed to other options after this season.

2B Jeremy Owbridge – F you Owbridge. This dude took $75.3M of good money and sucked the Outlaws dry. He was impossible to trade and ended up exercising two player options to stick around all 6 years of his horrible contract. This awful span of the San Antionio history will forever be called the Owbridge gap. Go rot in Buenos Aires.

CF Frederick Brisset – The 38 year old veteran announced really early in the season that this, his 15th big league season, would be his last. He has been a journeyman his entire career although he did start with 8 seasons with Valencia before having his best season in his first year with another big league club in ’52 with Yellow Springs when he slashed .275/33/108. It was an awesome year to say the least. It was also the last time he was an offensively gifted player at the big league level. He has hit less than 100 homers total over the last 6 years. Brissett’s body has just shut down and he has lost all of his fielding prowess as well. I am hopeful he will land as a coach somewhere next season.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: On the Lam, 58.6 - Aloha means goodbye

Post by BaseClogger » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

Gotta feel good to rid yourself of Owbridge. Now's the time for you to start making this roster truly your own.

PS let me know if you want to send me the sun and the moon for Jaked on Green Beers ;)
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:32 pm

Time for the young guys to take over.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Trebro
BBA GM

Post by Trebro » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:20 pm

I had a feeling Brisset would regress and that's why I didn't try to keep him around. Unlike other older players he just seemed to be cooked. I think he does have a potential future career as a coach.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”