Bandit Post 3.1: Dex Sheehan, Frick ROY?

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Bandit Post 3.1: Dex Sheehan, Frick ROY?

Post by aaronweiner » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:43 pm

When the votes are tallied for Rookie of the Year, Birmingham catcher Dexter Sheehan could top the list. In a two-man race between him and Jim Schmidt, Sheehan could come out on top.

"Well, I don't know who's going to win Rookie of the Year, but it would definitely be an honor if I were elected," said Sheehan, 24. "I'm just glad to be part of this organization, and I promise to work hard to get better."

Sheehan, who was the #1 prospect in the minor leagues last year, was brought up this season to be the backup for former batting champion Pat Larkin, but quickly took the starting role away from Larkin, a likely free agent this offseason. The young catcher hit .301 this season with 24 homers, 110 RBI, an .880 OPS and was clearly the best offensive rookie this season in either league.

"We think that Dex has the right stuff to be our starter for the next decade," said GM Aaron Weiner. "We just hope he wants to be here that long."

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Bandit Post 3.1: Dex Sheehan, Frick ROY?

Post by recte44 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:10 pm

Most years he'd be a shoo-in. I think we've had so much "leadup" to Schmidt, that he's going to have the advantage here.

salas
Ex-GM

Re: Bandit Post 3.1: Dex Sheehan, Frick ROY?

Post by salas » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:55 am

Chris Allen for 3rd place in ROY!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”