On the Lam, 56.5 - Best Pitcher

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

On the Lam, 56.5 - Best Pitcher

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:59 am

San Antonio 2056 Team Awards – Best Pitching Performance

Overall the pitching performance in San Antonio this year was nothing to write home about. That’s why I am writing it here I guess. The pitcher of the year award really should go to the best pitching performance that we saw from an Outlaw this year based on what he had done while he was here. The award really needs to go to Closer Todd Stone who was pitching great when he was traded at the deadline. He is no longer an Outlaw but he notched 26 saves to go with a 3.19 ERA over 48 innings while he was here. That is certainly enough to qualify. While the team decided to flip his $6M salary to Vegas for some up and coming prospects he continued to pitch awesome once he got to Sin City. I guess he was always an Outlaw at heart.

As for players that finished their season witht he team, Starting Pitcher Kent Pickford continued to strike batters out at his normal league leading clip. He earned 233 strikeouts over 235.2 innings pitched, best for 1st place in the BBA. He had 23 quality starts in 35 games and had a 15-11 record. The 28 years old starter has completed 5 full seasons with the Outlaws and will be counted on to be at the top of the rotation in ’57 when he should record his 1,000th strikeout. His ERA+ has jumped up each year so it’d be nice to see that continue.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Lane
GB: Vice Commissioner

Re: On the Lam, 56.5 - Best Pitcher

Post by Lane » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:05 pm

Pickford sure knows how to get strikeouts. you've gotta wonder how much better he could be if he ever figures out how to max out the curveball
Stephen Lane
Vice Commissioner / Historian
General Manager, Long Beach Surfers
Since 2026

Ex-GM, Amsterdam Neptunes, 2025 EBA Champions

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”