On the Lam, 55.6 - There's always next year.

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

On the Lam, 55.6 - There's always next year.

Post by trmmilwwi » Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:15 am

The season is over for the Outlaws. The field is immaculate but there is not a sound to be heard in the TAP Room. Yes, TAP is capitalized in my version of the BBA world. I think I’ll have to have Recte update that in game. Some free advertising perhaps. Anyways, cut back to the scene. The lights in the dugout have been turned off. Ole’ Dougy, the locker room attendant, is cleaning out the fast food wrappers from the coach’s office. He’s humming some tune from Billy Ray Cyrus’s great, great grand-daughter. Something about going to LA and being ok. It’s a remake of a remake all by the same family. As Dougy goes about his business we notice a single light that is on back in the catacombs of the TAP Room. We find GM trmmilwwi sitting with interim Manager Mika'il bin Samman. There is a bottle of half empty Pappy sitting on the desk and each Outlaw has a glass of brown liquid in front of them. It appears the two have been chatting a while as the ashtray is filled with chewed up cigar butts.

“It was a good run there at the end Mika’il. We almost sniffed that wildcard there for a while but it was just too much to catch up to.” The Outlaws started the season 20-34 over the first two months of the season. “I’m glad we reached out to you. I’m excited about what a full offseason with the team will do. You really have the guys buying into what you have set up here.”

Bin Samman nods and takes a puff off of his Opus X cigar. Exhaling the smoke out of his nose while he thinks a bit further he glances in the direction of the lockers and turns back to his GM. “Yeah boss, it’s a great group. They bought into what we are doing. Strong leadership, some youngin’s bursting onto the scene. Blast is going to be a good one. You can tell he has that swagger. Lee Mc could also be sneaky next year. An upgrade out in center for sure. I like the possibilities in the middle.”

The 61 year old baseball veteran manager has seen a lot. He managed Guangzhou and Chinese Taipei over in the CBL prior to being brought on as Pitching Coach for Rocky Mountain. He has bene a part of winning teams throughout his career and his partial season with the Outlaws was no different. The team went 65-53 under his watch. The .551 winning percentage would have been good for 6th place in the Johnson, just behind Jacksonville.

The GM takes a sip of his bourbon and responds, “I think they probably start the year with the big league team but we’ll see what unfolds. A lot can happen between now and then. Do you think Mirror will stick around for another season?” The veteran third baseman will turn 40 over the offseason and will be in competition for a starting spot due to slowing down a bit the last few years. “That’s a lot of extra cap space to use if he doesn’t.”

“Yeah boss, I know. I may take him down to Aruba to have a heart to heart with him. I know what needs to be done.”

The two sip some more whiskey and crack open a new box of cigars. “Lot’s of work to do. Lot’s of work.”
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: On the Lam, 55.6 - There's always next year.

Post by Jwalk100 » Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:28 pm

Grandma Miley

Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (16.14 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”