GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

On the Lam, 55.3 - July Players of the Month

Post by trmmilwwi » Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:04 am

July 2055 Recap
Pitcher of the Month – Starting Pitcher Kent Pickford
While I could have gone with Kawano here as he participated in the All Star game I decided that his 2 losses pushed him down a notch. Instead we elected Pickford as our Pitcher of the Month for July. He pitched 5 starts and went 3-0 while dropping his ERA for the year from 4.61 to 4.20. In July he pitched 36.1 innings giving up 27 hits and 11 walks while striking out 33 batters. He gave up 12 earned runs ending the month of July with a 2.97 ERA for the month. The 27 year old vet is in his 4th big league season and has seen his play improve steadily over the course of the 4 years.

Position Player of the Month – LF Patrick “Hit Streak” Strolz
It has been a bit more than a month of good ball for left fielder Patrick Strolz. The 30 year old vet has a 30 game hit streak going. Cue the curse since we mentioned it I guess. At any rate his last game played without a hit was June 27th against Edmonton. He was batting .301 when the streak started and currently sits at .320. His splits for July are .362/4/16. On the year he sits at .320/9/45 with a 1.8 WAR. He has been placed at the 2nd slot in the batting order which may have helped his concentration during his hit streak. I’ll mention hit streak one more time to ward off all of the bad omens. Hit streak one last time for giggles.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”