On the Lam, 54.4 - Let's Get Bizi Time

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

On the Lam, 54.4 - Let's Get Bizi Time

Post by trmmilwwi » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:14 am

Menomonee Falls, WI (AP) - We're here at the 2054 BBA draft party just outside Milwaukee, Wisconsin sipping some New Glarus beers and chomping on some Johnsonville brats with the high ranking officials of the Brewster. Only a few drinks in, the Surfers took a centerfielder, the second of the draft, at the 6 spot in the draft. That meant one thing, new GM trmmilwwi was ready for what would be a historic moment in Outlaw history. His first ammy pick as an Outlaw. Lot's of research had been done and tons of names were thrown about. The war room in Illinois was littered with news clippings about that scot that was tied up with the law, the infielder from North College Hill, OH who supposedly was dealing illegal substances between innings in middle school and that dude from Texas who was taking bribes from Ted Cruz III. But the list was settled and the top 9 had been highlighted in red ink (to get through the second of the Outlaws' ammy picks this round). Scanning down the list the GM came to the name.

SP Kreshnik Bizi

"Well fellas, let's get Bizi"

And with that a new era of baseball has started in San Antione. The 17 year old starting pitcher is a scrawny 6'-2" but he throws a great fastball and slider and a decent changeup. Scouts say that his slider will be his best pitch but the others should get to the high end of respectability as well. His fastball is only in the low 90's but he can chew up innings and should have really good command on the mound. A lot of the high end ammy's are looking for their payday and Bizi is no exception with a decent amount of money needed to get him in a uniform. However, his agent says that it will not be 'extremely hard' or 'impossible' to sign this kid. He wants to play ball asap.

What really sold the Outlaw front office is the ceiling that this kid could have. In early 2054 he seemed to start to understand how to control his pitches and what to throw when. His last 7 games he has thrown 48 innings and has only given up two earned runs on 18 hits while striking out 54 and walking 9. In that span he has shown an awesome mastery of the game and the front office hopes he can continue getting better once he signs up.

It's time to get busy teaching this kid some ball.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: On the Lam, 54.4 - Let's Get Bizi Time

Post by BaseClogger » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:27 am

I'm going to be extremely lazy and ask where custom amateurs are performed (link plz)? I've never seen that section of the board before.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:36 am

BaseClogger wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:27 am
I'm going to be extremely lazy and ask where custom amateurs are performed (link plz)? I've never seen that section of the board before.
I just checked his last 10 games played on the link above. No idea if it is legit or not but I love the idea of his improvement.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:22 pm

trmmilwwi wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:36 am
BaseClogger wrote:
I just checked his last 10 games played on the link above. No idea if it is legit or not but I love the idea of his improvement.
Sorry, misread your post. He is your first amateur draft pick. Others have referenced choosing the name of prospects and I've never known how that works.

Trebro
BBA GM

Post by Trebro » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:00 pm

BaseClogger wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:22 pm
trmmilwwi wrote:
BaseClogger wrote:
Sorry, misread your post. He is your first amateur draft pick. Others have referenced choosing the name of prospects and I've never known how that works.
i think Commissioner puts out a call. sounds like it's a rare thing only done every so often.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Post by BaseClogger » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:49 pm

Trebro wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:00 pm
BaseClogger wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:22 pm
trmmilwwi wrote:

i think Commissioner puts out a call. sounds like it's a rare thing only done every so often.
I swear it gets referenced all the time but maybe I’ve just been reading ppl posting about how they drafted a guy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”