GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

On the Lam - 54.2, A little Rattle Down on the Farm

Post by trmmilwwi » Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:33 am

Pasco, WA (AP)

A little Rattle Down on the Farm

Sundays are the day that the families load up the cooler and head out for an afternoon ballgame in Pasco, WA. The Platypus had an a tilt scheduled against the Austin Rattlers of the San Antonio organization. Fans could tell during batting practice that it was going to be a fun game as both teams seemed to be knocking the stitches out of the ball. Kids were running crazy trying to snag any ball that went over the fence and many could be seen with several in their mitts. The warm April winds were helping to make this a memorable day.

Two players especially were locked in early on. DH Taroemon Omori, who was batting 4th in his customary cleanup spot, and 1B Augustus Freeh were taking their turns in the cage and sending balls high and far. Omori is a veteran minor leaguer logging almost 200 games in Austin over the last three years and earned a cup of coffee with the big league Outlaw club last year. Freeh was a GBC player brought over a few years back and had worked his way through every level of the minors last year. The two hit it off once Freeh arrived in Austin late in the year and have been linked together ever since. Today they were relaxed and joking as the game started.

Omori came up with a runner on second in the 1st inning but grounded out uneventfully to end the inning. Freeh also started slowly with a strikeout in the top of the 2nd, however, he hit a foul ball about as solid as you could sending it just past the foul pole in the outfield. Omori's next at bat started the historic day when he launched a 3 run homer just over the outfield wall in right. The next few atbats both players drew walks as the Platypus knew not to mess around too much. In the top of the 4th Omoro launched another 3 run homer sending it almost 400 feet and Freeh launched a solo homer immediately after sending the ball almost 450 feet. Over the next 5 innings the pair reached base an additional 7 times between them and the day was finished off when Freeh hit a grand slam in the top of the 9th to make the score 33 to 7 for the Rattlers. The final box score for the pair was crazy.

DH Omori - 4 for 6, 7 RBI's, 2 BB's, 2 HR's, 6 R's
1B Freeh - 5 for 6, 5 RBI's, 2 BB's, 2 HR's, 6 R's

Freeh summed it up in his post game interview when he stated simply, "Omori was on today, the dude was raking it. Darn near took away all of my ribbies so I need to make sure I did something with the bases loaded there. The kids out on the hill asked for it so I sent them the ball."
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”