The Outlaw Chronicles 2044-1 Kondo Opts Out

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

bigmike13
Ex-GM

The Outlaw Chronicles 2044-1 Kondo Opts Out

Post by bigmike13 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:40 pm

Kondo Opts Out

Fresh off, what was without a doubt, the best season of his career, SP Aki Kondo opted out of his contract with San Antonio this afternoon, giving up $28m dollar for his last chance at a big payday. Kondo's Agent has let it be known around the league that the Nebraska Runner-Up, and probably should have been winner but whomever voted him 4th and 5th can kiss my ass, will not come cheaply.

"I'm looking to get PAID!" was all Kondo would say when approached by a cub reporter on the street today. "They got theirs, so now it's time I get's mine"
Early word from the Outlaws camp is attempts at a new contract have been unsuccessful with Kondo's agent demanding a 6 yr, $30m per year guaranteed. Last communication indicated that Kondo would be willing to give up a year of control but had raised his asking price to $35m per year and nothing less. "In this business you pay if you want the best" was Kondo's Agent Jim Dewey from the firm Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.

GM Calvaruso talked in generalities on his local radio show, but did not give any promising outlook on the negotiations "These things take time and there is always some give and take, but as much as we love Aki and felt he was tremendous player for us, when looking at the future I have to keep in mind some major extensions that will be coming up in the next few years. It is my job to do what's in the best interest of this club now AND in the future".

There was also the rumor that 86 yr old owner, Walter Sobchak, had demanded that GM Calvaruso give Kondo whatever extension he wants and was flatly told to "stay the hell out of my way old man before you get run over". While nothing has been decided it appears Kondo's time in San Antonio has run it's course.
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: The Outlaw Chronicles 2044-1 Kondo Opts Out

Post by RonCo » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:06 pm

Expect to see SA in on the bidding.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic