The Outlaw Chronicles 2042-23 Cuellar Heating Up

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

bigmike13
Ex-GM

The Outlaw Chronicles 2042-23 Cuellar Heating Up

Post by bigmike13 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Cuellar heating Up

Whomever was out there complaining about 3B Lucio Cuellar's slow start and wondering if the 24 yr old had suddenly lost his touch, well you can shut you stupid face now because "Lockjaw" is starting to get as hot as Texas asphalt in July.

Cuellar admittedly struggled in April after getting into a habit of trying to pull everything and improve his power numbers, but this caused him to throw his hips open too soon and take his eye off the ball a split second before contact creating not so solid results. After batting .213 in April and .237 in May, some after hours work with Hitting Coach Luis Garcia and a little more time in the film room, Cuellar has returned to his median rather quickly.

After a week where he hit .476 going 10-21 with 4 RBI's and crushing June with a .352 BA with 11 RBI's and 17 Runs,culminated by a 4-6 day against Phoenix on the 22nd, Cuellar has his batting average up to .257 on the year. "I should know better than to swing for the fences, that is not my game. I am feeling so much better right now and I am really seeing the ball well. I plan to keep this up" Cuellar said.

Manager Ralph Parker was very nonchalant about the whole thing "You know what kind of hitter Lucio is and we could tell he was sort of pressing at the plate, but he is such a hard worker it was only a matter of time before he broke through".

The Outlaws offense has been a well oiled machine up to now, but it just got even better with the real Lucio Cuellar showing up.
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”