The Outlaws Chronicles 2041-5 Outlaws Add Power

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

bigmike13
Ex-GM

The Outlaws Chronicles 2041-5 Outlaws Add Power

Post by bigmike13 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:58 am

Outlaws Add Power

The San Antonio Outlaws, looking to add a little more pop to the lineup, announced the signing of veteran 1B Jose Estrada to a 1 yr, $17.5m contract. "We were looking to add some power to the lineup, and focused our attention on Estrada early on in free agency. He has always played hard and been a class act on the field, and he always seemed to kill us when we played Mexico City" GM Calvaruso was quoted.

Calvaruso also said "We know 1B wasn't exactly a need, but this allows us to give Larry Stinson a little more time in AAA and also not make us have to start his clock early. But the main reason was a need for some more heavy hitting. Mahdi Kojo was a bright spot for us in 2039 but regressed badly last season. We still have high hopes for Kojo but felt we had put too much pressure on him to be a run producer last year and it backfired".

Estrada, for his part, was all smiles at the press conference "I am very excited to join the Outlaws organization. It is a group I have admired from afar for a long time. I always liked playing in The Tap Room and look forward to helping this team get back to it's winning ways".

Estrada immediately plugs into a cleanup role and gives new Manager Mike Jensen some lineup flexibilty.
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

HoosierVic
Ex-GM

Re: The Outlaws Chronicles 2041-5 Outlaws Add Power

Post by HoosierVic » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:48 pm

I like this signing, too (along with Kamade). You've really improved the lineup!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”