The Outlaw Chronicles 2040-5 Where Are They Now Vol 5

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

bigmike13
Ex-GM

The Outlaw Chronicles 2040-5 Where Are They Now Vol 5

Post by bigmike13 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:23 am

Where Are They Now

We pick the series back up with the 2023 season. The Birmingham Bandits would go 84-78 and finish third in the division, missing the playoffs for the 7th year in a row.

After my last Custom Ammy's that were centered on one of my favorite movies, The Blues Brothers, I jumped back into my favorite genre with the old Westerns.

Pierre "Frenchy" Cordona

One of the main characters from the John Wayne movie Rio Lobo. Wayne's character, Cord McNally, was my Ammy in 2009. Cordona, played by Mexican actor Jorge Rivero, was a Captain in the Confederate Army. During the last days of the Civil War, he and his troop, along with good friend Tuscarora Phillip, hijack a Union payroll train. Details make McNally believe they had inside info on the train. He eventually captures them and sends them to a prison camp.

After the war is over, McNally looks them up and gets Pierre and Tuscarora to help him track down the traitor, which they do, and make things right.

Frenchy played 12 season in MBB and is currently with the Beirut Cedars in the UMEBA. His career BBA numbers are .293 BA with 1341 Hits and 480 RBI's. He also threw in 423 SB's.

Tuscarora Phillip

See above. Phillips was one of the other major character in the movie and the other Confederate Officer. Do not see him in any of the player logs so he may not have been made or did not make it to the BBA universe.

Moving away from John Wayne, we jump over to another of my favorite Western actors, Glen Ford. We had touched on Ford earlier in the 2014 Ammy with the Character of Ben Wade from 3:10 To Yuma. Here we look at two of his other iconic roles.

Yancy "Cimmaron" Cravat

The lead character from the epic western Cimmaron centered around the Oklahoma Land Rush and the Cimmaron Territory. The story follows Cravat and his Wife Sabra through the late 19th Century to the early 20th century, from the land rush and the hope of a new beginning to Yancy's constant wandering for the next great adventure.

Yancy is currently a member of the New Orleans Crawdads and playing 1B, he boasts a career BA of .275 and has 258 HR's in his 7 major league seasons.

Jubal Troop

Another in a long line of favorite Westerns is Jubal. A bit of a drifter who happens on to the ranch of Shep Horgan (played by Ernest Borgnine). Horgans much younger wife Mae takes a very strong liking to Troop and convinces her husband to hire him for the ranch. The foreman of the ranch, Pinky played by Rod Steiger, has eyes for Mae and does all he can to create strife for Jubal.

One night during a cattle drive, Pinky convinces Shep that Jubal is at his house while they are on the drive which enrages him and he rides off to confront Troop. In the ensuing fight Jubal kills Shep and then goes on the run. It culminates when Pinky kills Mae in a jealous rage but before she dies she confesses how they set Shep up to kill Jubal clearing him of murder. Who knew Westerns could be so complicated

Troop is currently a member of the Edmonton Jackrabbits and their Ace SP. His 8 years career numbers show 104 Wins and 74 Losses with a career ERA of 4.24. He has thrown 1639 Innings and has 1661 K's in that time and a WAR of 28.7.
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

crobillard
Ex-GM

Re: The Outlaw Chronicles 2040-5 Where Are They Now Vol 5

Post by crobillard » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:52 pm

omg dude this is fantastic. I never knew the origin of Troop's name, but I didn't think that was anything OOTP created lol. You make some pretty good customs. I dipped my toe in for the first time last offseason with SP Amos Swallows and SS Frederick Manchild. No cool background on the name though. I'll need to think about that closely for next time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”