The Outlaws Chronicles 2037-12 Not Going Quietly

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

bigmike13
Ex-GM

The Outlaws Chronicles 2037-12 Not Going Quietly

Post by bigmike13 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:55 pm

Fernandez Leaving His Mark

When 1B Juan Fernandez announced that this would be his last season and he would be retiring from the game at the end of the playoffs everyone thought it would tun into a nice quiet sendoff with little fanfare on a team that was in a rebuilding phase, it appears that Fernandez had other plans.

"Nervous" is quietly having one hell of a season and is giving this San Antonio squad a lift they never expected to get. At the end of May, Fernandez was sitting on a .367 BA and a .406 OBP with 15 Runs, 4 HR's and 17 RBI's, and only 9 K's in 120 AB's. But is has been more than his offense that is leading this team as he has given the youngsters an everyday lesson on how to be a pro. The 37 yr old has been routinely seen talking with the young guys and giving them tips and advise during games. He has especially taken 1B Andy Seekins and 1B Manuel Nunez under his wing and has been staying late with them to work on their footwork and defensive skills.

"I want to leave this game on my terms and give these players some of the coaching I got as a rookie that continues to help me to this day. I am going to miss this very soon and I want the chance to look back and smile at the things I have accomplished, and being a good mentor is important. Sitting at the farm next year watching these guys be successful will be fun" Fernandez said recently during an interview with ESPN.

With 4 months left to go in the season it will be one of the funner stories to watch.
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: The Outlaws Chronicles 2037-12 Not Going Quietly

Post by RonCo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:25 pm

Great story. Thanks for posting it.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic