The Outlaw Chronicles 2035-11 The Axman Cometh

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

bigmike13
Ex-GM

The Outlaw Chronicles 2035-11 The Axman Cometh

Post by bigmike13 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:54 pm

McDermott Dismissed

With the 2035 season barreling to a dismal conclusion, the San Antonio Outlaws players held a closed door team meeting and told the coaches to stay the hell out. As it turns out, one of the items being discussed was the coaches themselves.

Led by veterans such as Juan Fernandez and Dillon Young, the Outlaws players came to the conclusion that some changes had to be made and sent 1B Dan Leonard, with a list of demands, to have a meeting with GM Calvaruso. After a very long, and at times contentious meeting, GM Calvaruso agreed to the players demands that they would no longer play for Manager Travis McDermott.

During his first season as Manager of the Outlaws, McDermott not only oversaw a complete disaster of a season, but his style of managing begin to grate on every player and as the pressure of a shit season continued to build, even his coaching staff were finding it harder and harder to follow the leader. The events that followed culminated in Manager McDermott being summarily dismissed and being show the door by security.

"The season has been a far cry from what we had envisioned when the season began, and after some complaints by players and coaches alike, I took it upon myself to begin an investigation that was wrapped up pretty quickly. After this I saw no choice but to immediatley relieve Travis McDermott of his managerial duties for the San Antonio orginization. We will being an immediate search for his replacement and hopefully put this year behind us and move on" GM Calvaruso stated at his hastley called press conference.

Once the move was made, rumors and whispers began to seep out of the orginzation that McDermott used humiliation and intimidation to not only control his players and coaches, but to keep information from making it's way to the GM's office. When asked for a comment, Hitting coach and San Antonio favorite son Dexter Sheehan said "The dude was just a freaking dick!"

This will not be the only change in staff as 8 other coaching jobs are scheduled to expire after the 2035 season. "I will not say that the remaining coaching contracts due to expire at the end of the month will not be renewed, but I would encourage those coaches to get their resume's togethor in short order" GM Calvaruso said. Sounds as thought the Axman has a few more dates circled on his calendar.
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

scottsdale_joe
Ex-GM

Re: The Outlaw Chronicles 2035-11 The Axman Cometh

Post by scottsdale_joe » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:31 pm

Is Bobby Valentine available?
Joe - GM UMEBA CAIRO PHARAOHS (2047-xxxx); Vancouver Mounties (1996-2009; 2035-2036); Halifax Hawks (2023-2026)Image LINKS:ImageImageImageImageImage

bigmike13
Ex-GM

Post by bigmike13 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:40 pm

I can always go the Billy Martin route and just rehire McDermott and then fire him again
Mike Calvaruso
San Antonio Outlaws 2030 -
Birmingham Bandits 2006-2029

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Dusty Baker says he's interested.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic