On the Lam, 54.5 - June PotM

GM: Tim Meseck

Moderator: trmmilwwi

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

On the Lam, 54.5 - June PotM

Post by trmmilwwi » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:44 am

It's been an average year in San Antonio as the Outlaws sit at an average 41-41 at the halfway mark of the season. The last three sims have had average results as well with 2-2, 3-3 and 3-3 records for each of the sims respectively. The good news is average is an improvement in San Antone. The preseason rankings has the Outlaws in last place in the Frontier Division with a 73-89 record. We are currently on track for 81-81, an 8 game improvement. We'll take that in year one of the turnaround.

What did happen in June however is that starting pitcher Alex Payne has become the front runner to represent the Outlaws in this year's All Star game. His stat totals on the year sit at a 10-1 win/loss record with a 2.97 ERA giving up 108 hits and 40 walks over 118.1 innings pitched. He carries a 1.25 WHIP and a 2.2 WAR. His win/loss record and ERA are easily the best on the team.

However, the big news is that Payne won the Johnson League Pitcher of the Month for the month of June! He has been on a great streak in his last 5 starts for the team. He has notched 4 wins and no losses in June while pitching 37 innings of 30 hit, 9 walk ball. He has notched 34 strikeouts during the stretch and has shown that he can carry a pitching staff. All experts predict that Payne will get an all star nod for the Outlaws this season. It is the first season that he has been a full time starter in the league and the consistency seems to suit him. After his most recent victory in which the Outlaws won 7-2 over the Pioneers he stated "Sure I know I can pitch here. I've had some success the last few years but I feared I was heading in the wrong direction. Fortunately for me the new GM had a sit down early on this year and let me know just to focus on every 5th day. Don't worry about the other stuff. The consistent expectations have really helped on the mental side. I think we have a solid group in the clubhouse with Franco and Kawano being with me from the Popes days. I really like what we have going here and hope I can continue to carry my end of things."
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: On the Lam, 54.5 - June PotM

Post by Jwalk100 » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:45 pm

Quick turnaround. Nice job!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Antonio Outlaws”