Jose Barron gives the double whammy by joining Ly in opting out.(57.03)

GM: Justin Niles

Moderator: niles08

niles08
BBA GM

Jose Barron gives the double whammy by joining Ly in opting out.(57.03)

Post by niles08 » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:00 pm

Alright, brace yourself, Omaha.

As you get out your Andre Ly cards to reminisce on his 2047 Sawyer season, you might have another card to pull out. Jose Barron has also notified the Cyclones that he will opt out of the remainder of his contract.

Barron, who is actually in his second stint with the team, will forego the remainder of his contract and see what a 32-year-old starting pitcher who just put together a career high 4.5 WAR season can get on the open market.

Barron was great the past two seasons after struggling in 2054 and 2055. He will wind up his Omaha career with 78 wins in 175 games started and an ERA just over 4. Not bad for a homer heavy ballpark.

Fun fact, the original Jose Barron deal that send him in 2051 to Twin Cities is the reason that Omaha currently has talented knuckleballer Enzo Bouton on its roster, as he was the main piece of that deal. Just over 18 months later, Barron was acquired back from Twin Cities before signing a 5-year deal in 2053 that ended up being over after just 4.

Barron pitched a no-hitter on 9/11/57 this season against the Louisville Sluggers and is sure to remind teams inquiring on his services of that fact.

For now, “Barron a resign”(see what I did there), it seems like it is goodbye.

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Re: Jose Barron gives the double whammy by joining Ly in opting out.(57.03)

Post by aaronweiner » Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:38 pm

Considering he has 8 WAR the last two years and makes seven, not eight figures, that's a no-brainer for him. I have the same (smaller) problem impending with Marroquin, though I hope that Stuart opts in or at least re-signs.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Omaha Cyclones”