Timo Dooley extension reportedly in the works, with a chance to win #200 this year.(55.03)

GM: Justin Niles

Moderator: niles08

niles08
BBA GM

Timo Dooley extension reportedly in the works, with a chance to win #200 this year.(55.03)

Post by niles08 » Tue May 16, 2023 1:25 pm

At age 35, Timo Dooley is embarking on his 15th season in Omaha, where he will look to continue his everyday consistency that the team has come to expect.

Dooley has tossed at least 200 innings in all but 2 of those full seasons (he was called up late in his rookie season). He will toss his 3000th career inning this year as he currently sits at 2,934. He will record his 1,800th career strikeout this year, will likely reach 50 career WAR as a pitcher, and maybe most of all, has a chance to win game number 200 this season.

He currently sits at 189 career wins, which is 49 more than any other Omaha player in franchise history and placing him 65th all-time in the BBA. If he were to get to 200 this season, he would quickly find himself in the top 50 all time.
“We call him my reliable.” Said Omaha bench coach James Monger, who played with Dooley his entire career in Omaha.
“We’re actually already working on a contract extension with him for when his contract expires after next year. I wouldn’t say that publicly if I wasn’t sure a deal was going to get done. We want him an Omaha uniform until he decides it’s time to hang it up” Said Omaha GM Justin Niles.
Dooley’s last extension was a 5 year $86,000,000 deal signed before the 2052 season. His contract includes a full no trade clause. The team did not comment on the current negotiations, but one would imagine that despite Dooley appearing to be still a capable starter(4.14 ERA last year in 32 starts), this next deal could be quite a bit less.

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: Timo Dooley extension reportedly in the works, with a chance to win #200 this year.(55.03)

Post by CTBrewCrew » Fri May 19, 2023 8:42 pm

Homer….😜. I like it though, playing entire career in Omaha. A lock to make the Cyclones HoF.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Omaha Cyclones”